back to article Logitech Alto keyboard and laptop stand

If your laptop is your primary work machine then you'll end up spending a fair amount of time hunched over it - which isn't exactly good for your back, let alone your posture. Logitech's Alto stand allows you to raise the screen up, so it's at a more natural height and also includes a full keyboard for, it claims, better typing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Daniel A Johansson

Doesn't work with macbook pro

Unfortunaly the stand doesn't work very well with the macbook pro.

The screen on the macbook pro doesn't open enough and since there is no adjusting the angle on the alto the screen ends up pointing slightly down.

--

DaJ

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's not a docking station.

But it could just as easily be.

For the price, it would have been nice to include a port replicator rather than a USB hub and wouldn't use an additional space on the back from what I can see. I don't want to moan about lack of legacy support in modern hardware but I would think that the majority of users would still need a parallel printer port.

3. Jez Oldfield

Pointless...

I don't really see this as a ground breaker, not at that price anyway, you can buy a stand for your laptop that is fully adjustable for any angle/height and a normal USB logitech keyboard for around half the price of this, which is exactly what i have done!

4. andy

Re: Doesn't work with macbook pro

"Unfortunaly the stand doesn't work very well with the macbook pro.

The screen on the macbook pro doesn't open enough and since there is no adjusting the angle on the alto the screen ends up pointing slightly down."

...and it'll block the DVD drive (although it would probably trash your disks if you tried to use it at that angle anyway...)

5. David Jenkins

Hopeless

Devices like this annoy me!

They never account for the use of manufacturer docking stations and without these any cables that are plugged into the laptop are unsupported and place unnecessary strain on both the cable and the connector.

Big thumbs down!

6. Raymond

80%? You're too generous

I bought the Alto ($70) for my ThinkPad X60 and by the end of the week the Alto became a permanent resident on my junk pile. Why, it does not even have a trackpad; you cannot use it on your lap as you need a sturdy surface to hold it; and it's heavy! All and all it's a POS. I'd rate it at 30% and one should not buy it even if it were selling for $10.

BTW, this is the third product I bought made by Logitech. I will unlikely to buy anything from them again.

7. Anthony

Umm...

@Raymond: I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic, or simply trolling for the fun of it.

I would've thought it obvious the thing is designed to be used on a desk.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like