back to article Office 365 in a private cloud

When Microsoft launched Office 365 it knew that not everyone would want its Henry Ford-style, one-size-fits-all service. Even cloud enthusiasts are constrained by a service with one type of security, one service level and one place to store your customer data, if that place is Dublin. Office 365 users might also have …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This overcomes the Privacy issue, what about doing this for Azure?

Office 365 and Azure are obviously unacceptable for any company that wants to do business outside the USA. I'm surprised that this isn't mentioned, the US governments ability to access confidential data on US companies cloud services even when the data is stored outside the US makes those companies toxic. So having a Japanese host is the significant aspect of this.

2. h4rm0ny

Re: This overcomes the Privacy issue

Definitely the issue. I have an Office 365 account just to try it out and see how suitable it is. It's an *excellent* product and great for collaboration. I like it very much. But there are two things that are problematic. One is not having a completely encrypted connection and two is, as you say, US intrusion laws. Neither of these are intrinsic to the product itself so if Fujitsu are solving those problems, then this is great stuff.

3. Sirius Lee
    FAIL

Is this just advertising?

In my view Office 365 is a disaster. I think anyone who uses it will be disappointed. So it's a shame to me when this publication publishes an 'article' like this.

And 'h4rm0ny' how can it be excellent when to use it you have to buy landline minutes from BT (or some other company no ones heard of). Why is it not possible to choose a company offering competitive rates or one in another country? (we people from little countries only speak to people in our own country right?)

How can it be excellent when you have to download an add-in to outlook to collaborate? Other products do this just as well but are sadly not included in this review.

If you are going to advertise surely it's correct to say this is an advertisement. In my book Fujitsu selling Office 365 in house does not count as 'competition'.

4. h4rm0ny

Re: Is this just advertising?

"And 'h4rm0ny' how can it be excellent when to use it you have to buy landline minutes from BT (or some other company no ones heard of)"

What? Are you saying something can't be excellent if you need an Internet connection to use it? You must be sorely dissappointed with this whole email / WWW / IM / VoIP stuff they have these days.

You say that you "think" anyone who uses it will be disappointed. Well I use it and am very pleased with it. Set up is nice and integration with my existing systems has been smooth.

"How can it be excellent when you have to download an add-in to outlook to collaborate? Other products do this just as well but are sadly not included in this review."

It's not a 'review'. It's an article and interview about how Fujitsu are now offering a private version of Office 365. Having to download something doesn't disqualify something from being 'excellent'. Can I not call Firebug excellent because I have to download it? Though you're wrong, actually. You can use Office 365 without Outlook if you wish. I haven't seen any products "just as well", actually. Google's offering doesn't come close, imo.

You've come to this article with a lot of pre-conceptions about what the article should be and a lot of bias against the product. Calling it a "disaster"? Hardly.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like