back to article RIM emits 100-BlackBerry cloud for small biz

Research In Motion (RIM) is releasing a cloud service for small firms to manage up to 100 BlackBerry smartphones and secure biz data stored locally on the device. The BlackBerry Management Centre is built for commercial users that access email via an ISP or web-based services, running on OS 4.6 models or later versions. Alan …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. b166er

Hopefully

that means I can ditch the horrible piece of software that is BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express. And hopefully, RIM have made this at least half-way usable.

2. AskJarv

Late to the party

Hardly exciting- remote wipe via Activesync for Exchange basically gives this service to most users of hosted exchange services- everyone else using IMAP and POP probably already have an option through their device to do remote wipe via a free app... Plus the OS limit means you may have to split your environment or spend cash on upgrades- I know many business blackberries which have lasted a few years and I wouldn't upgrade to save me the cost of a server (even if it does mean I'd be rid of their crumby server software as b166er says!)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will it...

...prevent my Torch from unlocking its screen in my pocket, and, due to subsequent random input, changing the language setting, composing a text message to everyone in my contact list, and nearly sending everyone I know a bunch of Arabic?

Because if so, that would be great. Seriously, the screen is so sensitive and UI so 'fast' that just moving the phone from one hand to another can go from main menu to placing a random call, or (for some reason this happens a lot) trying to set up 'social feeds'.

The people who designed the Torch UI ought to be put in a burlap bag and drowned in Boston harbor.

The PlayBook, ironically, is pretty damn good now that they've fixed some of the oddness, and when I use another tablet the lack of bezel swiping frustrates the hell out of me; it feels like I've got a straitjacket on. I've had seven RIM devices over the years, but my loyalty has gradually blended from rational (push email, all-business-no-bullshit, excellent hardware, reliable as hell) to irrational.

I hope they get their house in order; as much as the Torch frustrates me, it's still hard or impossible to find a device with fewer gimmicks, better physical build quality, a better keyboard, *AND* which is usable worldwide...

4. Mark Dowling
    FAIL

god forbid there might be a link

might take away space from all this bitching

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/business/managementcenter.jsp

5. CTM
    WTF?

Hear Hear Mark Dowling

3 links to El Reg articles yet nothing whatsoever to what RIM have launched? Even their press release would have been useful.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like