back to article Orange signals mobile broadband tariff tweaks

Network giant Orange has refreshed its mobile broadband plans while touting a new Wi-Fi device for those on the move. Orange's 'Small' plan offers an initial allowance of 500MB and costs £10 a month. Although for a fiver more, customers can benefit from the 'Medium' plan, which doubles the allowance to 1GB and throws in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arnold Lieberman
    Thumb Down

Expensive

I'm using a '3' SIM that gives me 5Gb for £8/month (got it via Quidco a year or so ago). Speeds (now) are excellent since the merger, I've had a solid 3Mb/s on occasion, and usually get around 1.5Mb/s. More than adequate for youtube as well as general surfing on the train.

2. StephenD
    Thumb Down

Tweaks?

"Tweaks"? Surely some mistake. What they meant was "price increases".

I'm on a £7.50/mo plan with Orange which gives me 1Gb a month, which is more than adequate for my occasional use. Is this now available as "Microscopic" or would I have to pay 33% more for "Small" to get less?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Diabolical pricing for such a pittance

This has got to be the UK's most expensive and tightest allowance ever...

Whats worse is ORANGE just DONT get it whatsoever. The small print charges you 5.1p per MEG over the "limit"

You'd have to be braindead to sign up for one of these.....

Truly awful.

I've got a T-Mobile with 1Gb allowance for £10/month with the same "mi-fi" dongle...

The thing is... the Tmo dongle STILL works( for free) when you run your allowance out.... because Tmobile promise NOT to charge you extra like the dishonest others.... despite Tmobile being part of Orange.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like