back to article iPhone 5 less than a month away

Apple fanbois and those sick of the constant updates will be pleased to know the Cupertino company is likely to end the perennial iPhone 5 speculation at its annual media event in less than a month. According to Japanese site Kodawarisan, Apple's event is set for 7 September and while it is traditionally used to launch …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Headley_Grange Silver badge

Everything's worse

You could publish a fake review now, then we could all vent our spleen about how it's a backward step, not as good as the 3G, etc. I hear that the r.f. reception will be worse (I made that bit up - see how easy it is).

I'd feel better getting it all out of my system now, rather that when the kids are back at school and the stress levels of the school run, homework, sports kit, etc coupled with a new iPhone review could just kill me. Does it come with a defibrillator app?

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............

Someone please wake me when it's over.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Well...

...you must have some vague, passing interest in the whole bruhaha, as you spent valuable time skimming the article and entering a comment!

3. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Joke

If you don't buy the new iPhone...

...there is a better than 50% chance Apple will sue you. They are suing everyone else.

4. Steve Evans

So....

By your own admission you say the iphone5 has already received enough hype already, so why are you writing this article? We all know Apple use their annual apple-fest to launch new products.

Now go away and shut up until you have something new to add, like any kind of spec for example!

If not, you may as well just come out and do a day by down countdown, which could also lack anything resembling news.

5. censored

October release still likely

It's normal to announce a few weeks ahead of actual launch day, so October release is most likely

6. 404
    Childcatcher

maybe if we all freeze ourselves.....

... we could skip all this and get the iPhone 6...

Just saying....

7. ThomH

When's the last time anyone launched an interesting phone?

Nobody in the industry has done anything particularly interesting for such a long time that I'm having difficulty building up any enthusiasm whatsoever. My predictions: things that can be quantified will see an increase, probably with the exception of battery life. That's how everybody does it.

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Erm

What more do you want a phone to do?

They can record video, sound and take photos. They can tell you where you are, show you how to get somewhere. Play music and videos.

There's not really many more killer features to be added. They really should think about reception and battery life sometime soon.

1. BenR
        Joke

RE: What more do you want a phone to do?

And sometimes, just sometimes, you can actually use them to have wireless, real-time voice communication with someone many hundreds of miles away!

What fresh wonder. I, for one, am glad I live in such an age of technological innovation etc. etc.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The Killer Feature...

... is the one you have not thought of yet.

8. Alan Denman

Is it a Galaxy S2 Copy?

I heard that they are copying the Galaxy S2 trend and making the phone bigger so that even those over the age of 25 can see it.

Other lead, Apple follows or sues.

1. ThomH

I heard the Galaxy S2 was a Motorola DynaTAC copy

You know, making the phone bigger and all.

9. Zack Mollusc
    Thumb Up

Yay!

I am sure Apple has responded to the criticism of the iPhone 4 by equipping the iPhone 5 with an SD slot, Flash, Terminal window, Midnight Commander etc...

10. Dan White
    Meh

More battery life please

The iPhone 4 does pretty much everything I want it to right now, with one exception - if you happen to actually *use* the thing, the battery life sucks something awful.

I'd happily see the new version be half as thick again, if it meant I didn't have to keep a spare charging cable in my car, at my desk, at work etc...

11. Nathan 13

Title

If you dont have every Iphone we've built, you dont have every Iphone we've built.

12. JDX Gold badge

Fakes

That fake iPhone 5 sounds cool.

13. nick47
    Trollface

Why are they bothering?

My iPhone 4 is so good that I don't see how they can improve it.

14. Arctic fox
    Windows

"iPhone 5 less than a month away"

I will try, very hard, to contain my mounting excite.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Gimp

oh god no

I had just mastered holding the iphone 4 correctly

16. Chad H.
    Unhappy

Could we

Se an El Reg Review Roundup of these fake iPhones

17. CmdrX3
    Childcatcher

Oh Good, I can't wait

That means more Youtube videos to laugh at of hundreds of lemmings standing in a queue being cheered on by a bunch of clapping seals.... they always make me smile.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Oh that's a point...

I keep meaning to go and heckle them...

Or maybe dress up as a sheep, and bleat at them.

Or pretend to be a reporter and go along and ask them deep probing questions like "Have you ever touched a girl?"

18. Jay 2
    Megaphone

Sod the iPhone 5...

...what about the iPods? Fingers crossed for a 128GB Touch, but nothing has appeared to indicate such a thing may exist.

They're either going to make a big thing of 10 years of the iPod 'Classic' or they're going to delete it. If so then the biggest iPod size will go from 160GB to 64GB. Fine for most people, but not for people like me who insist on having their entire music collection with them (as you can never have too many different versions and variations of, say, 3AM Eternal or Pacific State.

As far as Apple are concerned they're either going to say "here's 128GB", or most likely "64GB is enough for anyone, let us introduce you to our new friend Mr iCloud".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like