back to article RunPee

Not an app dedicated to the vicissitudes of India’s currency or an equivalent of Grindr for fans of watersports. No, RunPee is an app designed to tell when the best time is to dash out of a cinema auditorium and take a quick tinkle, without missing too much of the action. RunPee   RunPee Films by date, name or search with an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

But

I prefer those large soda cups myself.

No phone required.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Absolute, pure, unadulterated...

...genius! Or should that have been undiluted genius?

3. Rovindi
    Thumb Down

Taking the piss...

This is on a par with the Android app that helps you "boil that perfect egg".

Incredible

1. P Zero
      Facepalm

What?

Prefer endless puzzles and fart apps?

2. BorkedAgain
      Thumb Up

There's an egg app?

Genius... :)

4. iworm
    Headmaster

Literally...

"...and literally piss off everyone sitting behind you."

No, I think you mean "...and piss off everyone sitting behind you and literally go and piss in the toilet."

If not, I dearly hope I never sit behind you in a cinema.. Literally.

5. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    Trollface

So presumably...

For anything by Michael Bay, the interval where you can go to the loo without missing any of the plot starts just after the trailers, and ends at the credits?

6. Jedit Silver badge
    Coat

"Increment current time"?

Shouldn't that be "excrement current time"?

Mine's the one with the stoma pouch and catheter in the pocket...

7. jonathanb Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

Should have been tagged NSFW

Trying very very hard not to laugh after reading this review. Easily the most crazy app I've ever read about.

8. Trib

Also available on

This app also available on Windows Phone 7.

9. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Coat

Start up

Does this app have a splash screen on start up?

Mine's the one that smells a bit....

10. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Another asinine "app".

And just one more reason I have no desire to ever own a "smartphone".

Mindless crap for mindless people.

1. Matt Piechota
      Joke

@AudiGuy

"And just one more reason I have no desire to ever own a "smartphone"."

Don't worry, with that failure of logic you might not be able to use one. :)

(I kid! I kid!)

11. Peter Bond
    Thumb Up

I think

that may be the funniest first line I ever read in the Reg. Came close to coffee/keyboard interaction moment. Good stuff.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Does it work for other nature breaks?

I assume so given the presence of Winne the Pooh in the screenshots.

(Mines the one with the smuggled in non-ripoff snacks in the pocket)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

Re: Does it work for other nature breaks?

Of course it does! But don't tell the apptards or they won't buy your separate, differently named, special-purpose application entitled "RunPoo".

13. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Will they introduce a paid version

which will sound an alarm to wake you up at the exciting bits, tell you when need to put arm around girlfriend as it gets to weepy bit and the most important feature:

sound an alarm when to hastily leave the cinema as you have peeved off the rest of the audience who are currently looking for the appropriate blunt instruments to deal with you and your phone

14. AdamWill

*snort*

"or an equivalent of Grindr for fans of watersports"

that line alone must have been something of an education for El Reg's more sheltered readers (assuming it has any). well played, sir!

15. Lee Dowling Silver badge

Eh?

The average film is, what, 2 hours? You seriously can't go 2 hours without needing to pee? Unless you have a case of the runs or similar affliction, it's not difficult for either sex with appropriate planning - go before you go in.

And if you have the runs, what the hell are you doing in a cinema giving your germs to all-and-sundry?

1. Craig 12

I will admit

I missed a good bit near the end of the latest X-Men 'cos I was busting. Most of time, I have decent bladder control. 2 hours (+trailer time) after a large drink and popcorn, I'm finished. Do they interact on the way down? Sounds like some BS research that would get funding!

16. peter 45
    Happy

Actually.......

I read the headline and thought "What a good idea. An App which lets me know where the nearest Loos are. Perfect for when my 4 year old announced he needs to go NOW."

Bit disappointed when I read what it actually did but.......

Anyone know of a LooFinder App?

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

If you're in Australia

you can use "The Australian National Public Toilet Map". Or more correctly the "Dunny Diviner"*. www.toiletmap.gov.au . Not very mobile-friendly but it does work. For the UK there's: www.looseeker.co.uk. Again, strangely, apparently without a mobile version. I'm not a great fan of the everything as an app paradigm but this could be an exception. At least for the fact that you could have GPeeS integration.

*OK, I just made that up.

17. John 62
    Trollface

hmm. requires AIR; Android's app storage limit

two good reasons to go iOS.

18. bygjohn
    Thumb Up

Just for info

And, please $deity, not to start yet another platform bitchfest; it's available on iOS too now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like