back to article Deakin Uni promises safe three-wheeler

Fans of Mr Bean are familiar with the set-piece gag of the three-wheeler Reliant Robin falling over. A group of Deakin University boffins believe they’ve solved the problem, and are looking for manufacturing partners to put a safe motorcycle-car crossover into production. According to Frank Will of Deakin’s School of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Evil Auditor Silver badge

High performance three wheeler

Forget Morgan and rather go for an even higher performance Malone ST-F1000 or, if you prefer electric power, the TAZR. I know, there's not much protection against the elements but this is all about fun driving experience!

</impartial promotion>

2. PeterM42
    FAIL

Bet you still have to pay full parking charge!............................

.............thanks to greedy councils.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

What!

$20k AUS is about £12.5k. Plus VAT = £15k

I can buy several nearly new small economical cars for that or about 4 motorbikes.

4. bikerboi87

hmmmm

"motorcycle-like fuel economy of better than 2.5 litres per 100km"

If only my motorcycle got fuel economy like that. It's currently running at 5l/100km

1. Goat Jam

Me too

I get about 300K (not counting reserve) from an 18L tank

5. Elmer Phud

Carver Mk2?

I thought it looked familiar ----

"The Carver was reviewed by BBC's Top Gear programme in 2002. Jeremy Clarkson said:

"I have to say, absolutely hand on heart, that I’ve never had so much fun in a car, really and truthfully, and I don’t think I’d ever tire of it."[4]

However in mid-2009, following missed sales targets, rumours surfaced on the "Fly the Road Club Forum" that the company's assets had been seized by the Dutch Treasury.[5] The manufacturing company subsequently filed for bankruptcy."

(From Wiki)

This topic is closed for new posts.