back to article PS3 controller makes move on Android games

Android gamers can now benefit from using a PlayStation 3 control pad on many of their favourite mobile games and apps. Dancing Pixel Studios' Sixaxis Controller app runs the Sixaxis or Dualshock 3 controller on Android phones and tablets. PlayStation controller Sixaxis enables the PS3 Dualshock to take control Be warned …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Miek
    Thumb Up

I can has titles?

F*ck yeah, I think I know what I will be doing tonight.

2. Sonny Jim

If you have an N900....

You can do it for free:

http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2010/03/two-sixaxisdualshock-3-controllers-support-for-nokia-n900/

1. Greg J Preece

Was going to say

Keep up, Android users. Maemo's had this since launch, and it has Zeemotes and Wiimotes too.

3. DragonKin37
    Thumb Up

WIN!!!!

Sweet now make better games on the andriod that isnt a tower defense, angry birds or fruit slice clones !!

4. DragonKin37
    Thumb Up

If this works on...

Snesoid, Nesoid, Gameboid and all the other Emulator software for Andrioid, this may be the best app ever!

5. Charles 9

Not the first controller, though.

Someone pulled the same trick with the Wiimote some time back. Looks like they've managed to figure out what makes a Sixaxis tick as well and applied the same trick (in both cases, you need Bluetooth on).

6. Jolyon Smith
    Joke

@Charles: You need Bluetooth on? Really?

And there was I thinking that this app must have somehow unlocked the PWC-P* interface on both devices.

[* - Psychic Wireless Control Protocol].

7. Jim Coleman
    FAIL

Erm...

...if you have both your hands on the controller, then how exactly do you see the screen on the phone? You can't hold the phone, so what....you prop it up or something? My HD7 has a kickstand so that would work (maybe MS will add XBox controller support to WP7 as they have with Windows PCs, my HP Touchsmart tablet/laptop works superbly with that in Fallout 3).

iPad users have to either hold the tablet or scrunch up a coat or bag underneath it, or use some kind of flappy flippy case thing - so what of Android phone users?

It is a nice idea though, just that the execution seems tricky.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Halo game on WP7 that uses the XBox controller, I have to admit.

1. Lottie

Well

You know that Transformer thingy? Android laptops are out there too.

2. David Hicks

Is there no tv out?

Sorry to bring this subject up *again* but my N900 has tv-out, so along with a sixaxis controller it makes for a great portable console when on the road and staying at hotels and the like.

1. Michael Nelson

Yes and no

Depends on the device -- remember, there are MANY Android phones/tablets/thingies...

2. Jim Coleman
        Angel

Yeah but...

Bearing in mind hotel TVs are often small and crap, using a laptop with an XBox controller might be a better bet, especially as you can play much better games that the N900 just can't handle, e.g. Fallout 3. :)

8. Michael Nelson
    Thumb Up

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

This looks promising -- problem for me is that it needs a rooted phone. That's not a trivial process on my HTC Legend as far as I can tell, and I'm too busy/lazy to do it at the moment... Has anyone else tried this with a Legend?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like