back to article Facial recognition tech proves Randi AND Mark are the same Zuck

After spending literally minutes researching photos of Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg and his older "sister" Randi on the interwebs, The Register can exclusively reveal that the siblings are in fact ONE AND THE SAME person. Ironically, we uncovered the shocking truth with the help of Facebook's ground-breaking photo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4

.....k...

....anyone else feel like they've just been massively trolled?

1. Nell Hansen
      Holmes

The author's name ...

... should have been a dead-giveaway.

2. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

I do not think it means what you think it means

The point of online trolling - which first became common on Usenet in the late 1980s, as far as I can tell, and so is a well-established and widely-studied phenomenon - is to post something the poster does not believe is true (this distinguishes it from kookery), and that is deliberately inflamatory (this distinguishes it from a simple lack of social graces and rhetorical skill), but while maintaining the strictest appearance of sincerity. The point is to fool your interlocutors into believing that you are in need of correction.

A classic example is David "snopes" Mikkelson's "shadow in a vacuum" rec.arts.sf.star-trek troll, from the early '90s. (Google Groups will help you find it if you so desire.)

I think this piece was pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek, so it can't be trolling. It's just a joke. Different genre.

HTH. HAND.

2. spudmasterflex
    Trollface

U.G.L.Y

God they are an ugly cunch of bunts those two.

3. disgruntled yank

wow!

Brother and sister look alike, who'd a thunk it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Thus we conclude...

... that this Fab Cooke algorithm may or may not be related to the Manchester airport husband-and-wife confusing rfid-passport wave-through so-high-it-doesn't-work technology.

The one with a copy of "family shills" in the pocket, thanks.

5. david 63

Whoopeee

It's Friday!

6. Gyobu
    Alien

Seriously

You guys are dumb, it's LITERALLY two different people.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Why would they lie?

Yeah right - I'm going to believe a random commentator called Gyobu, rather than an article on a respected IT news website.

What do you take me for, some kind of idiot?

7. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Does it in fact do twins?

The Proclaimers, Jedward, Ant & Dec...

8. Gyobu
    Facepalm

So obv.

You Reg editors are dumb, there's no question that these are two separate people!

9. adrianww
    Facepalm

Her name...

...should be a dead giveaway. I mean, what reasonable parent would be dim enough to call their daughter "Randi"? You can imagine the scene in countless clubs, bars and other sundry social occasions...

"Hi! I'm Randi!"

"Waa-heyyy!" or "I bet you are!" or "I'm a bit excited myself!" or "OK, my place or yours?" or <insert endless litany of Carry-on movie or sub-Bond-script repartee here>.

Very silly name.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

"What reasonable parent would name their daughter Randi?"

That would be an American one (or two). When it comes to foresight, most Americans seem to have had the optical equivalent of a circumcision.

1. Trokair 1
        FAIL

RE: Anon

There is also the fact that the term "Randy" doesn't mean anything on this side of the pond, you twit.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Am i the only one

to wonder what the hell this is all about?

I'm genuinely pleased to to admit that. My slow but sure dis-association from the likes of facebook is clearly pogressing nicely as i remain oblivious to the brown cloud of stinkthane that is social netjerking.

11. Ken 16 Silver badge
    WTF?

normally I just wonder why

but this time I really couldn't figure out what was being written

12. Steve Knox
    Facepalm

Anagrams

Actually, RtoZMedia spells out "AmortizeD", which as we all know is about loans or assets which have PAID OFF.

But who'd expect someone with the name "Muck Kerb Grazer" to be an expert in anagrams?

13. Boyd Crow

I understand it is humor...

With all the dancing around, I can't tell if this guy is actually saying that Facebook facial-recognition mis-identified the sister or not?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like