back to article Logica profits hit by misers in public sector

Logica is continuing to shift its order book from the public sector toward the commercial markets following a tough first half-year that challenged margins and gave operating profits a pounding. The IT service provider and consultancy's sales for calendar H1 were up 5 per cent to just shy of £2bn and it expects similar growth …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LimpedIn

Here we go again...

Cue another swathe of UK redundancies from Logica and more jobs outsourced to India...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

As you sow so shall you reap ...

It's quite satisfying to see these joke companies, whose entire business model has been to stiff the gullible public sector for years, finally getting their comeuppance.

Paris, she wouldn't get caught concentrating assets in one place ... she spreads them.

1. PeterM42
        Joke

Having been one of their slaves..........

............ I agree completely - Joke company just about says it all.

The WORST joke is the pay review process. If the company was just honest and said "You ain't getting one - EVER" then at least you would know where you stood. Instead, they go through this great rigmarole of "peer assessment", etc. THEN tell you, although you had a good performance rating, that they are going to downgrade your performance rating so that (oh NOT sorry) we cannot give you a pay rise.

Probably the MOST dishonest company I ever worked for. The Indians in Bangalore don't mind - they just get trained up, then swop jobs, leaving the poor sods in the UK to train up yet another set of incompetents.

2. Furbian
    Mushroom

Inidan company in all but name...

... it's just completing it's transformation from years ago when I actually liked working for it. A classic one was when a friend was asked to take on an Indian lady as help, she could only do a bit of VB, and rang him up asking what these 'DIM' statements were. When my friend expressed, very politely, some exasperation, the powers that be told him that she's very sensitive (let's ignore her not knowing anything) and could he please bear this in mind in future.

All that will be left here is a board doing very well thank you, and some senior management. But with largely stagnant share price now having halved, maybe they need to finally complete their shift.

This topic is closed for new posts.