back to article Spanish unfurl Benny 16 banana bog roll

Spanish bog roll outfit Renova has come up with a novel way for locals to welcome Pope Benny 16 to Madrid later this month – a limited-editon arse paper combo in a fetching Vatican colour scheme. Renova's Papal bog roll The company's blurb explains that the Papal toilet roll will be rolled out for the World Youth Day …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hamcheeseandonion
    Devil

Coloured bog roll.....

...I wonder if the pranksters among us have had the obvious thought....think bigger than the Pope.....bigger than Jesus <that sounds familiar>...think.....

turd coloured bog paper, in a variety of shades to suit your targets dietary peculiarities..

Just imagine all the people <wait a minute...who's channeling John Lennon?>

wiping away like mad, causing friction burns galore,

and never a sign of a skid mark to be seen...ohh the frustration...hehehehe.

It's friday...nuff said.

Icon?? If you have to ask......

2. Thomas 4

Cool!

So not only does the Pope shit in the woods, he now has something to wipe his arse with!

1. hamcheeseandonion
      Coat

re: Cool!

A rabbit?

1. Aaron Em

I'm told

Moliere (?) recommended the neck of a live goose.

He did not, unfortunately, leave us any advice regarding potential consequences of the goose's dissatisfaction with such a state of affairs, particularly as this concern applies to the unappealing idea of placing one's vitals in such close proximity to the rather strong bill of a bird which amply earns its reputation for foul temper even before suffering the insult of being forced to stand in for a corn cob.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Coat

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

er, ....Rabelais

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

Sending what message exactly?

"Renova wants true believers to launch toilet paper streamers from bridges along his planned route."

I'm not quite sure that he'll take being pelted with bog roll as a compliment......

1. BorkedAgain
      Angel

might depend...

...used or not...

Ew.

4. Jimbo 6
    Devil

Love the Satanic bogroll

Made from "100% virgin pulp", I notice

1. Flugal

100% virgin pulp

Not very ethical to not use any recycled material. Should suit the Catholic church down to the ground.

1. Aaron Em

Peddle your damned anti-papistry somewhere else

This is the Friday humor thread.

5. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

Butt Shurley

I always associated yellow, white and pale blue with the papacy…

Wouldn’t the black bog roll be more appropriate, wasn’t that the colour of his uniform in WWII. 100% virgin pulp, just like the alter boys.

1. eurobloke
      Happy

Err, they do!

Renova does black bog roll.

http://shop.renovaonline.net/mall/productpage.cfm/Renova/_200054647/304823/Black%20Toilet%20Paper%202%20roll

6. Johnny Canuck
    Thumb Up

This is not a title

We had a World Youth Day here in Toronto a few years ago and a better group of kids you will not find. Half a million or so young people came into town for a week and were, without exception, very well behaved. I know there are not a few on here who dislike anything to do with organized religion, but being around so many young, polite and well-behaved young people kind of gave me hope for the future.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Done for littering

Is this campaign secretly sponsored by the Madrid city council? Just think of all the extra income from doing people for littering as they launch bog rolls.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Err

Renova isn't Spanish, it's a Portuguese company.

Get your facts straight El Reg.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Portugal

Isn't that the name of the beach on the west side of Spain?

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

But they had

at one time at least, some awesome toy boats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_the_Navigator

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

If anyone ever buys me...

... a bog roll gift pack for my birthday or any other daft occasion I shall douse it in petrol, light it and push it through their letter box, then take a dump on their back doorstep so they slip in my shit whilst trying to escape.

Gift packs of bog roll, I have truly seen it all now.

10. Arctic fox
    Devil

So we can now claim that referring to someone as an "arsewipe" .........

.............is an expression of religious respect?

11. Tim Worstal

Portuguese company maybe

But they ain't selling it here in Portugal. Would be Il Papa if they were....

But someone really ought to launch a range of condoms in gold and white, no?

12. Adrian Esdaile
    Devil

Celebrate your wacky belief in fairies by littering!

...which would be normally considered an utterly daft statement, but as soon as you say it about a major religion such as Catholicism...

"oooh, steady on; they have a right to express their beliefs..."

Sure they do. Just like I have a right to express my beliefs that they are a bunch of deluded fools who think religion gives them a right to litter.

Sod off religious loonies: Go home, your paradigm is on fire.

13. skeptical i
    Thumb Up

Reminds me of the old joke, why is jizz white and wee yellow?

So one knows if one is coming or going. Now we have wipes to match, huzzah!

I'm not sure what kind of message this is sending about Catholicism, its commander in chief, and what one can do with his team's colors, but I'm sure the marketing team is having a laugh.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

That's not toilet paper!

It's just napkins used by the pope to wipe his mouth after he gave you a speech on how raping (including kids?), cumulating money (e.g. to gold plate a massive marble palace in a private state despite Jesus having preached humility?) and using condoms (let the altar boys swallow?) is wrong.

I have to admit that it's easy to get confused since the Vatican talks sh*it out of its *ss.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

my mistake

For a minute, when only glancing at the headline, I began to think it was some sick anti-popery joke, and they had printed the face of the pontiff on each sheet. If they had, they could encourage green thinking, by printing his face on both sides and adding the recommendation:

"In the interests of economy and green issues, please use both sides."

16. Pantagoon
    Devil

Shit on it - then throw it

That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.