back to article Manhunt 2 UK release edges closer

UK gamers may yet find copies of controversial videogame Manhunt 2 underneath the Christmas tree this year, following a decision by the Video Appeals Committee (VAC) to overturn the British Board of Film Classification decision to effectively ban on the game. Manhunt2 Manhunt 2: will you be playing it this Christmas? …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Spleen

Santa's sack o' crap

If I find Manhunt 2 in my stocking this year I'll write a letter to Father Christmas asking him if I can have some coal instead.

Just let them publish already so El Reg can stop giving them free publicity. If necessary they can invent a new category specially for Manhunt 2 and its ilk. LJO - suitable for Lazy Journalists Only.

2. mark carlisle
    Happy

devoted to the job??

wow 30 hours of gameplay?

thats what I call devotion to the job.

Especially when its soo bloodthirsty and doesnt warrant a cert? Surely an hour of gameplay would have worked that one out?

3. James Pickett (Jp)
    Jobs Horns

Ban was the best thing for Rockstar

They were lucky it initially got banned. By most accounts the game is terrible, so it would probably have disappeared without a trace without the notoriety it's now achieved.

Should now make a killing! Hoho! (Sorry)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

ManHunt 2

Erm has this on wii for a while also got the PSP un edited version.

Odd though been playing games since my commodore pet and never had teh desire to kill anyone lol

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@JP

Yup, I can step up as one of those accounts of the game being terrible. I "acquired" a copy of the uncensored version after seeing the reports on el Reg. Have never been so bored of a game in my life. Slow, boring, and the gradual realisation that it's based on a premise that's meant to be nothing but controversial. There is no game play once you've stripped this out.

It's a blatant marketing stunt - they know exactly what they can get past the censors and so stick something in that's a bit risque to get a ban. IIRC it's been going on for years, Carmageddon being my first vivid memory of it. (I was younger then, and seem to remember I fell for it though)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nanny state

Im sick to death of the BBFC being able to make the decisions as to what we can, and cant watch/play. Can they not understand that when a rating of 18 is put on a game then the onus is on the 'responsible parent' to make sure that their children do not play on these games until they are the correct age. It should not be upto someone to tell me as a fully grown adult that a game is too violent for me, If i don't want to buy the game then I wont buy it... but taking that choice away is wrong. I'll admit this may be a marketing stunt by Rockstar, but the point being this isn't the first time the people in power are deciding what we can/cant do. When will this nanny state end?

This topic is closed for new posts.