back to article Pierre Cardin joins tablet trend

Pierre Cardin's entry in to the fondleslab fray is yet another indication of just how in vogue tablets are these days. Pierre Cardin Tablet PC As far as tech trendsetting goes, the Pierre Cardin Tablet PC is a tad retro given that it runs on Android 2.2. It features a Samsung S5PV210 Cortex A8 1GHz processor, 512MB Ram and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

A "brand" and cheaper than an iPad?

...finally someone sees a gap in the tablet market.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

subpar

512MB of RAM...

2. Lamont Cranston

It's a clothing brand.

I'd be as likely to buy Dell branded loafers.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Alien

Re: It's a clothing brand

Your reasoning is flawed, no doubt you think Ferrari have input on some ASUS laptops. PC is simply the badge, they'll have nothing to do with what's inside.

You might as well say, "I'd be as likely to by ice cream from a household cleaning supplies manufacturer"

http://www.unilever.co.uk/brands/foodbrands/?WT.LHNAV=Food_brands

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cheaper than an iPad isn't actually *that* hard.

There are multiple tablets out there cheaper than an iPad. Most of them use resistive screens which doesn't make for such a good usability experience, however this one is a capacitive screen. Mind you, it's only 7", 800x600 resolution, so there's your costing factor; it's cheaper to make a 7" screen than the 10" or so in an iPad...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

@AC - Cheaper than am IPAD isn't actually *that* hard...

Check that spec again, friend - Its 800x480 resolution (NOT 600 lines) - i.e. Only really suited to U.S. Standard TV market only... Not an HD spec at all...

A8 and 512MB RAM - So don't expect any multitasking...

All in all, probably not that great a buy, even at the £275 / $400 price tag...

3. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

I slightly want it but I like what I've got.

The tablet is a tablet, the case is nice. I glued a Samsung 7 incher inside an old book cover for a similar effect, but I don't have standards. I do have a neck cord, though.

4. Geoff Thompson
    Paris Hilton

£110

Is the cost of the case and branding. Check Amazon for Android 2.2 7" capacitive tablets.

They will sell though. Paris, because she would buy one.

5. Frederick Tennant

Love the case

love the case love the price and style and a good price in a word Game On!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Pierre Cardin?

Brilliant, it will be £20 in TK Max in six months time (he says looking at his shiny £12 Pierre Cardin boots)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like