back to article Björk Biophilia

Yeah, I know – the moment you let a bunch of musos loose with new technology they start to come up with waffle like “an extraordinary multimedia exploration of the universe and its physical forces” – when all you’ve really got is a bunch of songs and some fancy graphics. Björk Biophilia Main interface Click for a larger …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Giles Jones Gold badge

LOL

Is there any whale song in the music? :)

It seems new logos are falling out of fashion, so the logo designers are doing apps now.

2. Iain 4

Disappointed

Yes, it's another "free" app where once you've completed your rather large download you find that it almost entirely exists as a shop to sell you the real stuff.

I hate in-app purchases...

1. JennyCide
      Pirate

In-app purchasing

I'm not a fan of in-app purchases either but be prepared to see more and more of them since it's currently the most effective way to make profit from an app. In-app purchases render a lot of piracy useless - they don't care how you get the main app - legally or from installous etc - once you have it and have tried it then you're upsold the rest.

The app-developers put the demo spin on it - you can try the bare bones of the app for free but then have to pay to get anything useful unless you can wait for the pirates to catch up and produce a full bundle.

3. samster
    FAIL

What a sell out she is.

Releasing to an Apple only platform.

Ignorning the 50% of the market who don't have Apple products.

When did Bjork and Steve Jobs get into bed?

1. Marky W
      Facepalm

Images you can't unthink

Jobs and Bjork making the beast with two backs. Pass the mind bleach!

Still, better than Balmer and Paris ...... aaaaaaargh I've done it again.

1. Frumious Bandersnatch

bum bum bum ba dum bum bum bum

Apparently, he knows how many freckles she's got ...

she scratches his beard...

2. Some Beggar
      Headmaster

re: sell out

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/aug/02/bjork-biophilia-app

Selling stuff is not the same as selling out.

4. Blubster

Violently Appy...

Good pun. That is all.

1. theBatman
      Thumb Up

My thoughts...

Exactly. Loved it. In fact, I thought the pun was better than the article!

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I hate this trend

I hate this trend of "I simply MUST make my content an app! It is far to special and unique to simply be served as any other content - HOW MAINSTREAM! No, you must download and install MY content especially."

Radio and TV stations that want me to install their app to see their content (hey guys, I have this thing, it's called a web browser, why don't you just make your damn web site work - as bad as your web site is, why would I want an app from you?). "Musicians" who want to make their music an app (hey, I have this thing, it's called a media player, and it lets me set up MANY songs to listen to as I commute. Your "app" won't be one of them!)

Oh, I forget myself - this isn't about my wants and needs; it's about the wants and needs of advertisers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like