back to article Sat nav fingered in shock Arsenal defeat

Sat nav technology has been blamed for many wrongdoings - from lorries turning sleepy villages into scenes of HGV chaos, to directing owners of prestige vehicles into rivers. But an apparent lack of sat nav technology, or conceivably another example of its misuse, led to the late arrival of Premiership leaders Arsenal for a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jeffrey

Southgate

If Southgate were the new England manager, I'd be very interested to know what tips he could impart to the team before penalty shootouts in key matches?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

"fingered" ... "Arsenal"

*fnaarr* *fnaarr*

3. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Over reliance on technology

... when all you really need (or expect from a coach-driver) is to be able to read a map!

It is the coach driver's job to KNOW where he's going - the GPS is simply an aid.

Same goes for any other tool.

Blaming the technology in this case (as with all the other GPS nonesence that I've ever read about) is just bollocks of people being too lazy.

4. Rick
    IT Angle

"Arse"nal lost

"Alex Ferguson claimed his players couldn't see each other while wearing a grey kit during the first half of the side's defeat away to Southampton."

Should read more like couldn't see the ball!! I was not happy with the outcome.

I/T angle don't trust your enemies satnav to get you there....

5. Richard

Map Reading

Am I the only person left in the world who still uses a map to get around and still relies on human qualities, like memory and basic survival skills to stay alive?

Has everone gone completley mad in letting technology take over the simplist of tasks or are they just to damn lazy?

Come the day when machines take over the world and all technology is useless us humble map readers will be leaders of the human resistance

6. Ian Atkin
    Stop

Driver's a plonker

The driver was clearly being a tool... the A66 junction on the A19 has one lane for Darlo and one lane for Middlesbrough... at which point did the driver think the Gunners were playing the Quakers? :) I'm fairly sure the Riverside is even signposted on brown signs from there, ffs...

7. Keith T
    Paris Hilton

re:map reading

"Am I the only person left in the world who still uses a map to get around and still relies on human qualities, like memory and basic survival skills to stay alive?"

Nah, Twat Nav is for wusses.

All that's needed is a half-decent sunspot and most of the taxis will stop working. Learning to read maps is useful for when you're stuck in a jam on a country lane caused by Sad Nav devotees.

For those who are usually unable to find their arses with both hands and Sat Nav - It's the Paris angle.

8. James Dunmore

Sat Not

All a sat nav should be used for is a map that turns is own pages (i.e. a safe way to map read if there is no-one around to read the map for you) - there is no substitute for knowing where you are going before hand.

This coach driver should have known how to get there from the major roads at least (okay if he got lost up some side road or something, but a wrong turn from the (probably) sign posted a road)

9. pctechxp

Blame the sat nav

Rather than Arsenal just being crap in general

10. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Sat Nav?

"Sat Chav" more like it.

Sat Nav is just a support for the terminally clueless.

11. Mr Larrington
    Paris Hilton

Let's see

A couple of hundred quid for TwatNav or a fiver for a road atlas? No contest.

This topic is closed for new posts.