back to article Moaning moose cows provoke punch-ups among bulls

Researchers from Idaho State University have proved that moose mating rituals follow a similar pattern to that displayed among humans in Newcastle pubs on a Friday night – that females moaning about sexual advances by inadequate males increases the chance of bloke-on-bloke violence. Scientists already knew that a female moose …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 404
    Facepalm

THAT'S why!

You could always count on a parking lot fight Friday and Saturday night @Gordo's Bar and Grill. Sometimes, if you were lucky, you could see Gordo himself swinging a baseball bat out there.

;)

2. SoaG
    Coffee/keyboard

Captain Obvious - head of research

Kudos to the head/sub writer though :)

"The importance of female choice may be undervalued in studies of sexual selection in mammals."

So the old saw about 90% of world history being men trying to impress women is an understatement then?

3. IR

Right

So a shrill voice screaching "He's not worth it, Darren!" actually encourages more fighting? Actually bears up to my experience.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Girlmoose: Is that an antler in your pocket...

... Or are you happy to see me?

5. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

Moose Feminists

They moan all the time but all they need is ...err.... better partners.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

It's the lasses you need to watch out for...

When I was in Newcastle, there'd be the odd fight when you were out on the "toon"; Local lads fighting over "are you looking at my pint"; Or a fresher discovering that standing out as Uni fresher is enough to get you thumped, but it generally wasn't that serious.

The lasses fighting was a different story, it was always full-on and "to the death"!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.