back to article T-Mobile rolls out contract-PAYG combo

T-Mobile has refreshed its You Fix plan, which combines monthly mobile contracts with Pay as You Go in a service that lets users top up when their agreed minutes and messages are kaput. Those who sign up to You Fix are given an allowance of minutes and texts, as well as a Flexible Booster – a bonus such as unlimited texts or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interesting, but...

..notice that if you want data or MMS, you need to "top-up". So in other words it's a text & voice only plan.

1. John Riddoch
      Thumb Up

text+voice

This might be ideal for some users, though; one simple use would be for phones for kids; the parents pay the line rental & some minutes/texts and if the kids want more, they have to pay for it out of their pocket money or beg for more. It certainly stops the kids running up huge phone bills and stinging the parents at the end of the month.

Add on the fact that many users don't care about data/MMS and it's an interesting proposition.

2. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

UFix?

The U-Fix concept is hardly a new one, I had a TMO U-Fix plan some time ago? Or did I imagine that?

1. Chad H.

Not imaginary

As a former Tmobile employee I can confirm such things did exist. They were often recommended for students.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is news?

Didn't they launch this about 5 years ago?

4. Nipsirc
    WTF?

Errr...

But the bog standard T-Mobile contract gives you 100 mins + 100 texts for a tenner a month (includes a booster)... am I missing something? I get to pay an extra fiver a month for 25 fewer calls and texts in order that I don't pay more than I'm expecting.

1. Jon Press

@Err...

Indeed - even on PAYG you can get 100 minutes + 300 texts for £20, which is less than the You Fix tariff you're tied to for 12 months. However, you do get a free Nokia C2-01 with You Fix, which I'm sure is a major incentive.

5. ToxicTigger
    FAIL

Nothing new...

There's nothing actually new here. I had one of these plans about 8 years ago for 2 consecutive contract years. I'm guessing this is just a press relaunch to try to get free publicity.

6. Ian Ferguson
    Thumb Down

Confusopoly

Just another way of confusing customers out of money money than they intended to spend.

7. Jacqui

10UKP per months PAYG

give me 250minutes unlimited texts and unlimited data.

8. Gordon 17

mobile phones

it seems to me most of the mobile companies are giving you less for your money or, just don't want to keep you on, they would rather keep the high spenders on, than low spenders. not offering a good deal.

virgin offered me 250min, unlimited txt, data 1GB, and blackberry package sim only 30 days rolling contract at £10 a month, why because i was a virginmedia customer with broadband.

The only problem i was in a bad signal area, for t-mobile/virign/orange signal, could only get vodafone and O2, 3uk, none of them would give as good deal.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like