back to article Jesus Phone saved from being man-in-the-middled

Apple has released another security update for iPhones and fondleslabs less than a fortnight after a security fix intended to prevent the tightly controlled devices being jailbroken. The latest update to iOS 4.3.5 tackles a digital certificate validation flaw that created a possible mechanism for man in the middle attacks on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Uh oh

The rates of updates are increasing - they are becoming Microsoft!

2. Justin 9

Updated already

Update for my iPad was available last night. Just checked the version running on, happily at 4.3.5 (8L1)

1. DJV Silver badge
      Alert

Same here

I'm just wondering why some idiot downvoted you just for stating that something happened. There are some complete twonks around here, aren't there!

1. Dana W
        Meh

All you have to do is whistle.

All you need to do here is say something about Apple that is not a slam and the thumbs downs start rolling in. Originally it bothered me till I realized that all it shows is how upset and frightened some people are by competition

Between, Windows Fanbois who still can't quite come to grips with the fact its just not a big Microsoft only world anymore, to Linux wonks sick of waiting for the Year of the Linux Desktop, "This time really!" the sour grapes are bottomless. And if you don't want to join THEIR single platform cause, and realize THEY are the one true way, then YOU are a zombie. Not free thinkers like them! Its both funny and sad.

1. Andus McCoatover
          Windows

Well, no

Played with an Apple fondleslab for ½ an hour in local supermarket, thought it was fuc*king excellent. But being on the dole, simply (and regrettably) can't stretch to it. I use Linux, not because I'm a 'fanboi', but because I CAN afford it. Legally. Plus, it does what I need. I've (licenced) XP in a virtual machine simply because I need(ed) to access Nokia's OVI suite for updates, etc.

2. Angus 2
          Meh

Now

come on, you make it sound like this only happens to people who write Pro Apple posts.. the fact is you say anything supporting/denigrating pretty much any item/company etc in the comments here and you will get both thumbs up and down. Tis a fact of life.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

did anyone read

on the BBC website that it's calculated Apple have more cash available than the US government

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

$76B vs $73B

that's a lot of iPhones

4. Nick Pettefar

On The Ball

When you are becoming a majority Provider it's good to be seen to be on the ball with these things.

Better safe than sorry.

5. Jolyon Ralph

Except iPhone 3G users are screwed

I haven't checked to see if the bug affects the 3G, but for those like me who are perfectly happy using an older iPhone (it worked well when I got it, it still works well now) and don't see any obvious need to spend money on a newer more shiny model, I guess we're screwed as there are no more OS updates.

Shame really.

6. chr0m4t1c

Yeah, bummer

Because all those other mobile manufacturers still provide updates for phones they haven't made in over a year.

If only Apple were more like.....

Er.......

No, can't think of any.

Anyone?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like