back to article APP OF DEATH plots local fatalities on demand

A new smartphone application helpfully plots murders, and traffic fatalities, on an interactive map of the local area, showing you at a glance how many people died nearby in the last 18 months, and what killed them. The application is actually a demonstration of instant-app-factory MobileNationHQ, which reckons it took only …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AGirlFromVenus

with a public api...

... you could build a realistic zombie game, use google to add real names and you'd surely have a winner.

B.

1. Guido Esperanto

title

that truly is one of the most insensitive, but at the same time brilliant ideas going.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Re: with a public api...

Great idea. Of course, xkcd beat you to it... :-)

http://xkcd.com/873/

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Did Austin Powers beat xkcd to it?

http://www.the-back-row.com/index.php/2011/02/12/deleted-henchmen-scenes-from-austin-powers

"Deleted scenes"? I think I saw 'em in the British TV showing. Maybe there were more of them.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Grab your Steam SDKs to Left 4 Dead 2...

...and get to it! This ought to be fun. Most of the game is ready, you only need the zombie names...

2. Thomas 4

Hmmm

"IDEAL FOR THE ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION IN A HURRY" - Anon revier.

1. Danny 14
      Thumb Up

aye

a terry pratchet reader.

3. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Pint

Hmmm

I suppose if you're a trainee medium looking to practice the skills it might be a good thing but seems a tad ghoulish otherwise.

4. Red Bren
    Holmes

Not quite what I expected

From the headline, I was expecting an app that helped you plan the perfect murder. Or give you the option to hire a local assasin through the in-app payment system.

5. Graham Bartlett

Or for bikers

It might give you a hint about places where you might want to slow down and not drive like a complete twat.

1. Bogle
      Go

warning signs

don't those warning signs for bikers, like "to die for", mean it's a good road and you should speed up?

2. Graham Marsden
      Boffin

Or for drivers...

... it might give you a hint to actually *LOOK* for bikers instead of pulling out because you don't see any cars and then utter the pathetic cry of "Sorry, Mate, I Didn't See You"...

1. Chris 211

Bikers gerr

Maybe Bikers should stop hovering around my blind spot, pick one, overtake or stay behind me so I can see you! I keep thinking your trying to open the passenger door behind me...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Coat

Car fu...

...opening the passenger door and forcing a biker (or pedestrian) through its window is called car fu, or the Toyota tripwire, if I remember correctly. Oh yes, here it is...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ToyotaTripwire

6. PC Paul

So.... where is it then?

Are you going to tell us where to find it then? What platforms it runs on? Anything?

7. Steve 13
    FAIL

Full app name?

Is it called Death App or App of Death? Or something else entirely? What am I meant to do, guess?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

"App of Death" already taken

See the boys in Redmond for that one.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Killer app?

(Sorry.)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

where to find ...

http://apps.mobilenationhq.com/deathapp

10. codemonkey
    Meh

Thanks...

...For the link...Now I have to look into what "mobilenationhq" is all about...having just about bought the idea of Basic4Android...hmmm

The notion of developing an app in a browser freaks me....google App Factory...brrr...

11. codemonkey
    FAIL

Oh goodness...

It produces a web app too...brrr...I'll stick to Basic4Android

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Any chance of some incidental information?

Last time I looked the Reg was a tech site...

So would it be too much to ask to have some basic information, like what PLATFORMS does it support and can we have a LINK to the product/site?

13. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

More details

It appears that this mobilenation thing supports iOS and Android only.

See that, Reg hacks? It's called research.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like