back to article Facebook upgrades 'Operation Developer Love'

Facebook has made it easier for developers to test apps they create for the ginormous social-networking mega-site. "Today we are announcing the ability to create and add Test Users to your apps from the Developer Site," writes software engineering intern Chris Dentel on Facebook's Developer Blog. Devs have been able to create …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. IGnatius T Foobar
    Happy

Excellent -- my first app is...

...an app that automatically contacts all of your "friends" and helps them migrate along with you to Google+.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Re: Excellent -- my first app is...

The common assumption that Google+ will be somewhat lesser evil than Facebook is based on -- what exactly?

Daniel

3. alwarming
    Paris Hilton

OpDevLuv

Is it coming from Pimply Zucks ? I'll abstain.

Paris, coz she should be the ambassador for that.

4. trottel

finally...

...i am able to create friends out of thin air! If that is not progress, then i do not know what is.

I do not even have to add them anymore. Now, if they post some decent comments about current events, "like" the odd other web page, and share some pictures from some nudie-site as their new profile picture - what do we need real friends for?

5. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Hmmmm

So you can create lots of vacuous, empty-headed, zombie users for testing? Why bother, simply drop a note to all the normal Facebook users, you'd get the same responses as your fake ones!

6. Matthew Smith

Not loved

The ability to magically create test users has been around for a while now. However the migration from the old API to the new graph API has not been handled well. And many of the bugs in the bug list go unaddressed. I'm eagerly waiting for Google+ to release its API. They can't treat us users any worse.

1. Guido Esperanto

hmm

and what stake are you willing to put to that wager?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like