back to article Amcom palms $AU9m to float uni to the cloud

Amcom Telecommunications has secured a Au$9m deal to provide hosted cloud services to The University of Western Australia. The three-year contract utilises Amcom's Perth-based data centres to host dedicated cloud services for hundreds of the university's computer servers with over 400 terabytes of storage. Amcom is heavily …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BI = 0.68

According to http://www.blablameter.com/, Dr Mary Davies' comment rates at

"Bullshit Index :0.68

This reeks. I bet you're a PR-Expert, Politician, Consultant or Scientist. If there is a message, it's unlikely it will reach anyone."

(Though I had to fiddle and add a full stop in the interminable and-chain.)

I'll leave it as an exercise for the editor to feed the whole article into the meter.

2. Jerry
    Happy

Jerry

I live and work in Perth. I use Amnet on a continual basis (retail subsidiary of Amcom fibre) and encourage my clients to use Amnet and Amcom where at all possible. They have an extremely professional operation that craps over the the mainstream Telstra/Optus/iinet/service providers.

I earn nothing from recommending them. It's just good business for me to have happy customers.

Despite the cloud hype, I'm sure UWA will get a good service though I'm a bit unclear about disaster recovery - i.e. geographical dispersement of cloud servers.

3. roflmatised
    Happy

Kewl

Always good to see Aussie stories on the ol rReg. Keep them coming!

P.S. Other news sources for this story said UWA still had in-house email. This is a lie. They have been using Google since the end of 2009

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like