back to article Winklevoss twins' new Facebook lawsuit rejected by judge

A judge threw out a second lawsuit filed by the Winklevoss twins late last week, with the Olympic rowers failing to plump up an earlier $65m settlement with the social network and its founder Mark Zuckerberg. Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, alongside business partner Divya Narendra, launched another attack on Zuck's social …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Have the never seen an teen college movie*

The Jocks never learn, that despite all their posturing and brashness, the nerds always win.

*no not that sort.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Movies are one thing, real life is another

It is the exemption for the nerds to win in real life. Unfortunately there jocks win. Repeatedly.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Greed.

When $65 million just isn't enough.

1. Sam Liddicott

but whose greed?

Greedy people are as entitled to justice between themselves as non-greedy* people

If evidence was suppressed then it is an important legal issue; and upon it hinges the answer to the question: who has whose greedy money?

*if you can find any

1. Andrew Moore
        Alien

Well...

...given the privileged background these two come from, $65m is probably regarded as pocket change.

Anyway, if I was them, I'd be dumping those stock-options very quickly...

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Thumb Down

Here's how that should have gone.

Judge: For the umpteenth time, there's no case and the original 55m settlement stands.

Winklevoss Twins: 55m? Don't you mean....

J: 45m? Yes, you're right I do.

WT: Hang on, we started out with...

J: ...35m. Yes and that's what you get.

WT: Hang on, how did we get to 35m?

J: Let me see.....yes you're right again, way too much. 25m should do it. Care to try for 15.......?

WT: <Silence as penny finally drops.>

4. Richard Joseph
    Childcatcher

With a $65 Million war-chest and an Ivy League upbringing,...

..plus the obvious talent they have-to-have-had to think up Facebook in the first place, why didn't the Win-Twins not just crush Zuckerberg into submission with their own, parallel, social network???

Is it because they had an idea that they themselves couldn't bring the idea to fruition, and, possibly placed it into the public domain while also being unpatentable (it is a word, look it up)?

Win-Twins, you've done well out of this me thinks, you need to get those 2 brains working again, and come up with the NEXT BIG THING (tm)....yeh, right....

5. Mondo the Magnificent
    Angel

Greed!

It's ironic that they're not happy with the more than generous payout they received.

Damn, I'd never use Facebook again for just 1% of what that little tantrum trio got out of the deal.

Give me 10% and I'd revert back to pen, paper and pocket calculators for life..

1. Oninoshiko

This is a title!

I don't use facebook NOW, and I'm not using it for free!

Clearly I should have set my sights higher.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

End this already

If the Winklevosses keep this up much longer they will achieve the near impossible and turn Mark Zuckerberg into a sympathetic figure.

Guys, you got $65 million for having an idea and nothing more. I call that a pretty good payment. Now go off and play in your boats.

7. Mike Flugennock
    Coat

Winklevoss! P'WHA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHH hee hee ha ha hahh, ehh heh heh... sorry about that. (smirk, giggle)

8. zen1

Wasn't

their 15 minutes of fame over months ago? I already don't care about FB and I care even less about these two twits (my apologies for insulting other twits around the world by the association)! Also, I wonder how many more pressing cases were usurped by these two [well connected] greedy idiots?

9. cashback
    Angel

Hahahaha

The jocks got pwn3d by the geek.

"High five"

10. Asgard
    Holmes

Trying their luck too far

There are a lot of people who have good ideas and either don't or can't get them to market or are beaten to market dominance by someone else with the same idea who simply got lucky enough to gain market share when it counted. So the Winklevoss twins should consider themselves bloody lucky they got anything (let alone $65M) for an idea that wasn't even original back when Facebook launched, as other social networking sites were around before it.

Time for the twins to move on and try something new.

11. Winkypop Silver badge
    Windows

When $65m just isn't enough

After all, there are the homes in Europe/USA/Bahamas, the Ferarris, the boats, the jets, the super-model girl-friends and the cocaine addiction to consider...

12. NogginTheNog
    Thumb Down

I won't be $65m...

...when the lawyers have had their juicy bite out of it. In fact I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was them pursuading the twins to keep on with all the litigation: "yeah, sure there's a definite case there, definitely grounds for another appeal (ker-chinngg!).."

13. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Gotta agree...

Did Zuckerberg rip them off, or did he run with an idea that they could not make a go of themselves? I don't know.

But, $65 million is a good chunk of change and they should be happy to have it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like