back to article Two 'fake Apple stores' shut in China over trading permits

Several fake Apple Stores in China have been shuttered as they did not possess the requisite local business licences they needed to trade. Existence of the phoney retail shops emerged last week amid suggestions that some were so convincing that even staff thought they were employed by Apple. The ensuing media storm around the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh no!

Where are they going to buy their iPads to enroll in finance degrees?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

lol

This is the Chinese authorities pretending not to know about the stores. To be fair though, I'm prepared to believe that the relevant authorities didn't know what the stores were up to. Paris because, hell, I don't know, Monday?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Flame

paris and the coat

ALWAYS get the thumbs down for total lack of creativity.

3. Guido Esperanto
    Joke

shove your title up your......

"China has taken great steps to enforce intellectual property rights "

has hell frozen already?

4. Ben Rosenthal
    Facepalm

oops

forgot to bribe the correct officials >.<

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Bribe is not detrimental to economy

I would pay bribes any day rather than deal with catering to vested interests of an Old boys network.

End of the day bribe is not that dissimilar to taxes, licenses or other "cost of doing business". It is not nice, but it does not fundamentally distort the economy especially in a society where _EVERYONE_ is doing it.

1. Lamont Cranston

Re: Bribe is not detrimental to economy

All well and good, until you are the one who cannot afford the bribes.

Taxation tends to level the playing field by only taking money from those who have money (in theory, at least).

5. Stevie

Bah!

Thought they were working for Apple. Life imitates art.

As I recall, something like this is in the opening chapters of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

6. Ben Rosenthal

"End of the day bribe is not that dissimilar to taxes"

no they are very similar, however one goes into a back pocket for spending on hookers and blackjack, the other is supposed to go into the local council to pay for local services.

I'm not really having a go, but you can't seriously be defending rampant corruption as a valid social model?

I suppose it's great for hookers and blackjack dealers, not so great for everyone else.

and why is it always an AC?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like