back to article Dixons store to sell Samsung 10in tablet early

Want a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 a day before it launches? Then pop down to PC World on London's Tottenham Court Road on 3 August. The retail giant is selling the tablet a day early. Well, almost. The ten-inch tablet will go on sale at 5pm. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 PC World will be charging £399 for the Wi-Fi only model, on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hardcastle the ancient

All gone horribly wrong?

They had one in the Lincoln branch on Friday, didn't realise it was pre-release or I might have been slightly less disinterested.

it's still a "how much?" item to me. Even Dixons have 10 inch computers for less than that, and they have a keyboard and perhaps an optical drive slot.

2. Wang N Staines

Silly price

299 is the right price.

1. DrXym

Or less

Tablet manufacturers are far too greedy and I expect Samsung thinks it is competing with Apple on price at the moment. As does Asus. As does Acer. As does everyone else. The reality will sink in at some point that there are dozens of android tablets and they should be competing with each other and not Apple. I think the dam will break when Google stops playing silly buggers with the Android 3.x licensing and opens it up to all comers.

2. Robert E A Harvey

299?

I'd be baulking at 199 of her Maj's portraits. I mean, it hasn't even got the fobile moan chip in it.

3. dotdavid
      Thumb Up

Yup

I'm really hoping the AndyPad (and AndyPad Pro, which still comes in under £200) will be decent and enough of a success to kick-start the market for non-Apple fondleslabs.

In the meantime, a netbook is the way forward for 99% of users I think.

3. tmTM

Tegra-2??

I was under the impression the Galaxy Tab 10.1 would ship with the same processor as the Galaxy S II phone??

With the Tegra 2 chip in the galaxy tab it's pretty much identical to all other tablets out at the moment really.

4. Christopher Rogers
    FAIL

Disgusted

When the hell are one of these big manufacturers gonna give the ipad a proper run for its money?

5. Ben Rosenthal
    FAIL

no thanks

proprietary connections hooooo!

They seem to have run out of good ideas to nick from Apple and have now started to appropriate the things I dislike about them.

Your tablet is bad and you should feel bad!

6. Alan Denman

Next generation screen or all hype?

Supposedly the screen uses a next generation PLS display which improves on last generation IPS displays.

7. M Gale

Still waiting...

...on 2.3 for this 7" 3G Tab.

No Samsung, "buy a new tablet" is not an acceptable answer. Especially not some ten inch giganto-slab that won't fit in a pocket.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

7" Tab

The 2.3.3 update came out yesterday! Not very well publicised, plus you have to use Kies, and it wouldn't work from my 1.6 gig Sammy netbook, minimum spec is 1.8 gig processor. D'Oh! Fail!

That said the 2.3.3 update for the 7" Tab is a nice one.

I'll stick with my old HP laptop for proper work, my 10.2 Sammy Netbook for basic PC work, and my 7" Tab for everything when I'm out and about!

1. M Gale

Just spotted!

Finally. Hope this is the actual 2.3 and not just a tweak like last time. I'll get to uninstall Kies at last.

That program makes iTunes look good. Something of an achievement, that!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like