back to article Air Conflicts: Secret Wars

In recent years aerial combat games have been in free fall. The genre stalled after the seminal Il-2 Sturmovick and has struggled to pull out of a seemingly irrecoverable nosedive. But, contrary to their dubious quality, the continuing popularity of the Ace Combat and Hawx series proves interest remains sky high for the genre …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Coat

Improper flight dynamics?

In that case, I hope I'm not on the flight where both pilots eat the bad fish, and they have to get a volunteer from the cabin, picking someone who learned to fly on this game!

<-- the one with the parachute, please!

2. Blarkon

Blazing Angels III

Looks like Blazing Angels III

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

From that review I wont be buying.

As title.

Game seem sutter crap TBH

4. vonBureck
    Headmaster

Not the "Horton"

It's the Horten Ho 229, not the Horton. Also known as the Gotha Go 229.

5. Lionel Baden
    Thumb Down

DO NOT BUY !!!!!

This game is worth 5.99 at best.

As the review says its not a bad game what he left out was "for a child" !!

The story is flat and boring, in single player and missions childishly simple.

Multiplayer :

Trying to shoot planes with lag = RAGE !!!

cap the flag, everybody gets in jet bomber and fly around with both flags till somebody crashes as trying to shoot somebody online is impossible.

If you can get it for 5.99 fine yeah get it but dont bother spending more than that.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Avoid!

From what I remember from the previous version of this game, the developers never bothered to fix a major bug, whereby in some of the aircraft it was impossible to take off without crashing. If this version is anything like the last then best avoided

7. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Graphics? Fine. Bad flight dynamics? No thanks

To me, the graphics looked acceptable. I'm sure they could look better, but to me they just don't stand out as looking all that bad. The description of the flight dynamics makes it sound infuriating though.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like