back to article Star Wars: The Old Republic preps pre-order pages

Retailers have leaked details of pre-order plans for EA and BioWare's anticipated MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Polish outlet Empik briefly posted a sales page for the game, which stated the pre-order date as 21 July. Meanwhile, over in Spain, XtraLife posted details about the Collector's Edition. Star Wars: The Old …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. BorkedAgain

£150 for a game?

I sense lives need to be got...

2. Ian Ferguson
    FAIL

Laaaaame

Anyone who pays extra for something described as 'collectable' is a sucker, pure and simple.

3. Dave Murray

Preparing to take pre-orders?

GAME in Glasgow was taking pre-orders yesterday.

4. zemerick
    Holmes

SW:TOR

"The game itself is yet to receive an official launch date, although is widely-expected sometime in November."

Most estimates put it in Sept. actually...but the key there is estimate. No one has any clue at all really. Official word from Bioware is "2011" and nothing else, not even the smallest hint ( other than when it comes time to announce the date, we will know they are getting ready to before hand. In fact, Stephen Reid the Senior Community Manager is supposed to take a picture of himself in a conductors hat to let us know when that train is coming, lol. )

Anyways, hopefully the ridiculous price rumors of 175+ are false as I really want this. Regardless, I can't wait! This has been a really long 3+ years.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alot to pay for without knowing if you like the game.

I'd like this kind of extra stuff if I know I'll really like the game... but as I can't play the game before I buy the product, I'm not going to risk it.

Besides, while I like a lot of extra little things sometimes, I also really don't have the space for knick knacks. I already have enough.

6. Jarrad
    Stop

Reader hypocrisy?

Some pretty strong comments from a few readers. If someone chooses to spend £150 for this and is happy with it, why are they a 'sucker', Ian? Why do they need to get a life, BA?

I wouldn't be surprised if you both have expensive mobiles when all you need to make calls/txts is a cheapy on PAYG. Or a gaming console. Or some expensive kitchen gadget you rarely use and that accomplishes something you could easily do by hand.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me for readers of this site in particular to criticise people who may choose to buy this.

1. BorkedAgain
      Go

Oops. Did I touch a nerve?

Actually, most of your guesses were wide of the mark; guilty on the kitchen gadget front; I own a blender and a slow cooker that come in handy from time to time but don't see use that often...

I do have a smartphone, but I make regular use of most of its functions, so I think that's fair.

Anyway. I still reckon £150 is a bit steep for a game + jumble combo. You're welcome to disagree...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is an EA game

Even if it is Star Wars I will not touch it.

8. Sweeping Brush

There is a standard edition you know.

Just buy the standard edition, its the same game and if you really want the jumble, just wait until your local game store reduces it to 10 quid to get their shelf space back.

9. Rick Brasche

I can resist this

no worries. I can avoid this.

Now if there was a World of Starcraft....I think I'd be hosed. at least for a little while;

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like