back to article UK Serious Fraud Office mulls News Corp probe

The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) is considering investigating various allegations against Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. A spokeswoman said the SFO was mulling over a letter sent to the agency by MP Tom Watson, a member of the Commons media select committee which grilled Murdoch, his son James, and ex-News International boss …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

It is all highly amusing

with people like (not the only one) Robert Peston spouting the NI line (as well as being photographed at NO sponsored junketts) and only diverting as the car crash came :-)

2. Andy Enderby 1
    WTF?

Oh really ?

Never made any inappropriate payments ?

so what the f**ck is this then ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1AJjnl2y8U

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Perhaps

she thinks we are ALL Sun readers?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"UK Serious Fraud Office"

Have you got a UK Hilarious Fraud Office?

'cos, you know... if not, you should.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Meh

In Private Eye

they are, rightly, referred to as the 'Serious Farce Office'.

Do not expect this to come to anything and you wont be surprised when it doesn't.

4. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

The definition of ROFLMAO

> Metropolitan Police Service is conducting an investigation into alleged improper payments to police officers

Now I understand the Internet acronym

5. Gulfie
    FAIL

IF the SFO get involved...

... then the Murdochs and Rebekah Brooks will be able to sleep easier at night. SFO has a dire reputation for (a) speed of investigation and (b) successful prosecutions (or at least, successful prosecutions with a sentence that can be called a deterrent)

6. kain preacher

Fake news

For some reason some one left the TV on faux news in my house and they were saying Ruppert said he was sorry and it's time to move. That they did not see whats the big deal and that this is just a witch hunt .

I didn't think I could have lower opinion of fox news. Nice to know his shill are still at work.

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
      Trollface

Copy and Paste Journalism

The whole hacking episode should just be dropped now that Murdoch has said that he's sorry and explained that the payments made to the police were the work of a disgruntled tea-lady in the New of the World office who was clearly employed by liberal, left-wing, communist, homosexual, anarchist, reactionary, card carrying members of the journalists union - out to launch vicious, unprovoked, personal attacks on poor Rupert and Wendi because they are the only people in Britain who are willing to stand up and tell the truth.

Let's get back to the real issues of the day ... like the liberal left-wing communist, homosexual, anarchist, reactionary conspiracy to thwart the creation of a Fair and Balance Fox News ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^BskyB broadcast network in the UK to bring real analysis to the British Public in defiance of the liberal, left-wing, communist, homosexual, anarchist, reactionary, journalism policies of the BBC and The Guardian

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

SFO involvement (copy and paste)

Rupert will let the Police know if they are needed - meanwhile they should spend their efforts arresting the liberal, left-wing, communist, homosexual, anarchist, reactionary, card carrying members of Anonymous.

THAT'S WOT REAL JOURNALISM IS ABOUT.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a pity the hearing were not shown in HD

As it would have been easier to notice the Murdoch's and Brook's noses growing longer.

8. SteyBrae

Tom "I'll speak to you later, James, I'm interrogating your Dad just Now" Watson MP

Has done, and is still doing, a great job.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Did he really think...

> The Guardian reported that cops were examining a bag containing a laptop, mobile phone and paperwork found in a bin near the home of former News International chief Rebekah Brooks.

Presumably we are supposed to infer that Charlie Brooks dumped these. Did he really think that the police wouldn't be watching him?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like