back to article Samsung torn over Galaxy S II sibling UK launch

Samsung has refused to confirm the UK release of the Galaxy S II's smaller sibling, contradicting widely spread reports that the dual-core smartphone is Blighty-bound. Rumours were rife that the Galaxy Z spotted in Sweden earlier this month wouldn't grace these shores. At the time, Samsung declined to comment. Samsung Galaxy …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SteveBalmer
    FAIL

Seems manufacturers think

That everyone loves big smartphones.

That's why I still havn't phone a phone that's any better than my HTC Legend...

EPIC FAIL is just apeing what everyone else is doing...

2. MDMetal
    Meh

Wonder if they've fixed the S2's issues then

I hope they've fixed the multitude of issues that the S2 has then, I had one for a week and got through 2 handsets both with identical issues (Appalling wifi-signal strength, frequent drop outs) That together with a few horrid UI issues was the death of my interest in Samsung phones. Sad really the phone itself was lightning fast at everything but ultimately lacked basic features my HTC phones have had for years.

1. Rabbit80

What issues???

I'm intrigued as to what UI issues you had? I have no problems at all with mine and I absolutely love the phone! Gets a bit warm at times, but i can live with that.

I do have some minor WiFi issues though - but it is mainly with reconnecting after the screen has been off (I usually have to cycle WiFi on the device), signal strength is no worse than my old Moto Dext. I imagine that the mod community over at XDA will fix the issues soon enough though.

3. Afflicted.John
    Unhappy

Bring It

The R seems the perfect compromise between cutting edge and still top of the pops. I have reservations about the S2 and would happily settle for the Galaxy R as the next step on from my Galaxy S. Let's face it, the Galaxy Ace is not for power users...and not everyone wants the ultra thin S2. I'd prefer a bit more chunk and a bit of metal and then you would probably find something that will slap the HTC Sensation around a bit more. Samsung are enforcing the anti-plastic argument too much with the S2.

Bring it Sammy. Bring it home to Johnny...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Samsung phones.....

....no thanks. Some bugfix firmware releases once in a while rather simply than ignoring glaring problems might be nice.......

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like