back to article Fuel sensor glitch delays Atlantis launch

The launch of space shuttle Atlantis has been delayed until tomorrow (Saturday) at the earliest after the failure of two of four sensors which monitor liquid hydrogen levels in the vessel's fuel tank, Reuters reports. The glitch was spotted during routine checks as the tank was being filled with fuel. The offending sensors …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Not very technical

Everyone know, give the dial a little tap and it will show the correct level...durrr..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I feel their pain

I had the same thing with my old Vauxhall Corsa, it can really knacker your day.

That said, I suspect a space shuttle will handle a roundabout better than a Corsa... It'd probably do it without rolling over, or blowing up.

3. Scott Broukell
    Unhappy

Morris Minor problem

I experienced similar fuel sensor glitches on an old moggy. It ran on lead-free after some tinkering but then the fuel guage went completely bonkers! So I removed the offending systems completely and kept an accurate record with pen and paper (remember them). Of course, there was a backup system (petrol can), in the boot at all times! Corrosion finally got to the 'ol gal sadly, despite lashings of WD40 and TLC...sniff sniff. Oh! how the simple things in life can bring so much more enjoyment without the tenacious interferrings of on-board engine management systems.

4. Stu
    Alien

grammar check!

>...after the failure of two of four sensors which monitor liquid hydrogen levels in the vessel's fuel tank...

You mean wessel.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Running on Windows ?

May be they should try running the sensors off a Linux box ...

6. Brian

Poindexter?

I bet that guy was beat up a lot in school

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Rickety death trap

Shuttles never were a good idea should have been scrapped long ago.

This topic is closed for new posts.