back to article Coalition forces offer Iraq action footage

The coalition forces' HQ in Baghdad has decided not to let the opposition keep on grabbing all the internet-video eyeballs, and has started its own channel on popular upload portal YouTube. Called MNFIRAQ (Multi National Force Iraq), the channel pledges to offer "combat action" and "interaction between Coalition troops and the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan

Die NaughtyPerson Die

This channel will most likely be popular for a bit, but Im sure that the US and UK forces "Die MF Die" video's, (Im sure you can guess what the MF stands for,) will still be more popular.

"Is this the way to Amarillo" courtesy of the British Army in Iraq is likely to be more interesting than this site, but its worth a look at least.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Putting the Lion back into Battalion

"the MNF guys also say they won't allow any profanity"

One more reason why the warrior monk paradigm is ripe for re-emergence. I'm sure that this video footage will not include shots of coalition troops celebrating the deaths of their enemies, or shouting gung ho slogans, or expressing anything other than regret for the terrible but necessary loss of life that is in inherent in the process of killing people. We need to revive the First Earth Battalion concept - a force of righteous non-profaning warrior monks who smother their enemies in psychological confusion and compassion, like an over-affectionate cat playing with a wounded mouse. Yes.

3. Oliver Brown

Thinking before you shoot is one thing but..

This is kind of dangerous surely.. if people were to be filmed, for purposes of entertainment on the internet, that would immediately be putting their concentration off from the job at hand. I can't imagine its easy as it is, so having some camera shoved in your face, knowing you have to compose your speech before you say anything and having to remember not to actually hurt anyone (because that wouldn't be a Good Thing to show viewers) will distract you from actually doing your job, including staying alive.

4. Tyson Boellstorff

Kinder, gentler snipers...

Go ahead, call me sick.

http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=2018

Pic OK for work (unless you work for the easily traumatised anti military sort), but can't say the same for the whole site.

For the rest of you, I highly recommend taking a big swig of milk before you view, just for the effect.

5. Chris

'No profanity' policy

I would guess that the "no profanity" policy is there not to protect the Internet populace from harsh words, but to allow the military to filter material which they don't want to show. After all, it's easier to say "that video was not allowed because it violated our 'no profanity' policy" rather than "that video was not allowed because it showed the coalition forces being overzealous in their delivery" or "that video was not allowed because it shows injuries from friendly fire".

6. James Cleveland

everyone

that dies was a person or had the potential to a person

lets not forget how valuble a person is.

7. Andy Bright

I hope they aren't wearing any kind of camoflage gear

If they're going to stand out nicely for the cameras they should wear nice, bright colours - but nothing with stripes or those nasty yellows and browns. Perhaps something shiny in green or red.

And I don't see why they should have scripts, maybe something John Wayne inspired or even sing a few Dean Martin and Danny Kaye songs to liven things up a bit.

Nothing improves the moral of those about to be 'snipered' than seeing and hearing your adversary knock out a few WWII singalongs.

This topic is closed for new posts.