back to article US Marine gets date with Meg Griffin on YouTube

A US Marine serving in Afghanistan has successfully obtained a date with Hollywood star Mila Kunis by asking her out in a YouTube video. Sergeant Scott Moore can be seen below making his digital move on the actress, famous as the voice of Meg Griffin in Family Guy and as Mona Sax in gamebased offering Max Payne. Kunis was also …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Semper Fi

Now there is a Marine who beat the odds. Well played Sir.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mmmm. Mila Kunis

Liked her in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Anon in case other half is reading.....

3. JakeyC
    Paris Hilton

FAO Paris

Paris, if you're reading this, do you fancy going to the pub sometime?

I have a VERY exciting new film project I think you'd be just right for.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MMmmmmmmmmmm :)

thumbs up mr marine

Way to do.

5. Some Beggar
    Happy

Excellent use of youtube.

Top marks, soldier.

1. sgtrock
      Happy

Call him a...

Marine, jarhead, gyrene, or green weenie but NEVER call him a soldier! :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Flame

And NEVER ...

remind a Marine that they get their paycheck from the Navy. =)

6. Isendel Steel
    Thumb Up

Good Job.....

She isn't like Meg Griffin in RL(tm) - although with a father like Peter she doesn't really have a hope - genetically or psychologically

7. louis walsh's toilet
    FAIL

book of eli

some of the worst acting in recent years.....stick to being a cartoon voice love....

1. Citizen Kaned

man,

you dont watch many films do you, if you think that was bad :)

she is a honey though... very odd she plays such a munter in family guy :)

8. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Facepalm

Which is nice, but..

"You need to do it for your country"

Now THERE is someone who needs to taken behind the woodshack for a little ... educational experience.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Do it for our country

Was also a song in Grease 2 about getting laid... (or was it?)

Anon because I don't want anyone to know that I've not only watched that film but also that I've watched it recently enough to remember the song...

9. Evil Weevil
    Happy

Family Guy episode material

I've got a sneaky suspicion that this may end up in a future Family Guy episode with Meg doing a G.I. Jane or Private Benjamin mickey take.

10. Michael Souris
    Thumb Up

Him and Mila Kunis?

...batting well above his average...

11. JeevesMkII
    Mushroom

He's doomed now.

Seriously, there's no chance he's going to survive his tour of duty. Sod's law won't permit it. He'll probably catch a bullet on the last day there too.

12. SirTainleyBarking
    Pirate

Faint heart never won a fair maiden

Well done that man

13. Jean-Luc
    Thumb Up

nice!

Maybe I am reading too much into this and whatever I glean from thrash mags at supermarket counters, but Mila seems to be a genuinely nice person. For a celeb anyway.

Exhibition #1: this. it's just sweet and caring.

Exhibition #2: doing mostly voice work, though she is hot enough to be a B-movie headliner

Exhibition #3: a general absence from tabloid covers.

Off to purchase a vid cam, some army surplus, study blue screen technique and ask Scarlett Jo out for a date, from the bowels of the Green Zone (aka my basement).

14. J.G.Harston Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Meg Griffin

Meg Griffin's cute, I'd go out with her any day.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I take it...

"That 70's Show" never made it across the pond. That is what she is best known for among merkins.

1. Eddy Ito

best known?

You mean to tell me that anyone watched a thing called "That 70's Show"?!?! Gods a little fishes, it must the young Facebook crowd, no person who actually survived the 70s with their brain intact would have any interest at all.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
        Mushroom

@Eddy

I survived the 70's.

I watched the show.

You do realize that she was 14 when she started doing the show, right?

And yes, it was funny, even though it was based in Cheese Head country.

1. Eddy Ito

Oh... Kaayyy

No, I had neither realized she was 14 nor did/do I care. Oddly enough, I thought the Brady Bunch et al. were parodies of 70s life "fresh". Sorry, I don't see much humor or point in a parody of a caricature wrapped in a mockery of a lampoon. We'll have to agree to disagree on whether it was or even had potential to be funny.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Megaphone

I find it interesting...

...that people (in other cases than this, too) constantly lambaste actors for being in substandard TV shows / movies / etc. Unless you're a massive A-lister, you don't *choose* your projects.

If you're Mila Kunis starting your career, and someone comes along and says, "Hey, want to be in an ensemble cast of a network sitcom?" you don't say, "Wellllll.... what's the writing like?"

Actors have to *work*, people. And just like a construction worker isn't solely responsible for the building he works on, an actor is not solely responsible for the productions they're in. If you're a normal non-hotshit actor, you take the work you can get unless it's so utterly atrocious that it'll sink your career.

I really have no idea whether Kunis is any good, but a ton of factors go into whether a movie (or even an actor's role within it) is any good, aside from the actor's ability.

There are plenty of good actors in lousy things, and plenty of lousy actors in good things - judging Mila Kunis by the quality of 'Eli' is like judging a race car driver for how interesting the race was.

Eddie Murphy and Robin Williams, though, have no excuse. I mean, really, guys? After Coming To America and Good Morning Vietnam we get what - The Nutty Professor and Flubber? Yeeeeesh....

1. Eddy Ito

@David W.

I'm thinking you replied to the wrong message. I haven't seen anyone lambaste Ms. Kunis or any other actor for that matter. My point was that if she was best known for "That 70s Show" then it is the equivalent of saying she is unknown. Much before today, I would have never recognized her name which I thought proved the point. That you admit not knowing if she is any good is perhaps a good indication that you haven't seen a sufficient body of her work to judge so she is to you, like me, unknown.

As far as "That 70s Show", I did see it... once and IIRC that was enough to tell me it wasn't worth watching again. Then again, perhaps it was Ashton Kutcher who turned me off the show, now that I have looked up the cast and found he was on it. There see, a little A.K. ribbing, not exactly a lambasting was it.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Meh

@Eddy Ito

Yep, wrong post. I think I might have meant to post to the whole thread... but, alas, it's already second-paged and thus this clarification will probably grave only the eyes of a hapless moderator. Hi there, hapless moderator!

I could expound thoroughly on other points if I thought for a moment that anyone aside from the hapless moderator (Hi there, hapless moderator!) would read it.

As it is... well... yeah. That's pretty much it.

Sorry.

16. IglooDude

Hmmm

To say nothing of her role in the soon-to-be-released (in the US) Friends With Benefits:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632708/

17. moonface
    Thumb Up

Friends with benefits

This US Marine is now going to have more minders than Prince Harry.

Just made himself the the safest man out in Ghan. Well played Sir!

1. SirTainleyBarking
      Megaphone

A gentleman never kisses and tells

But Marines LOVE a good bit of gossip

18. The Jay
    Thumb Up

Superb...

No further comment.

19. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like