back to article GOLDENBALLSUP! Beckham website defaced

David Beckham's website was hacked and defaced on Sunday in an attack timed to coincide with the birth of his first daughter. Instead of the usual content about football and his celebrity friends, visitors to Golden Balls' website who showed up on Sunday were confronted with a picture of a dog attempting to eat a poster …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomalous Cowturd
    WTF?

Daughter, Harper Seven...

Poor sod. Stuck with a name like that. What were they thinking?

Or is it just me?

1. Mr Brush
      Joke

A simple mix up of the name and time of birth fields

Time of Birth: Beckham

Name: Half Past Seven

2. Code Monkey
      Trollface

Harper Seven

Should've been Shed Seven

3. Joe 3

Perhaps they're Seinfeld fans?

Though I reckon even the most ardent Seinfeld fans wouldn't take baby-naming advice from George Costanza...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Coat

I was thinking something else

Harper Collins for a new book deal.

4. Bilgepipe
      Childcatcher

Harper Seven

Harper Seven - isn't that Latin for "My parents are both as thick as posts?"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

That's not a dog!

That's a photo of the missus, surely.

3. Pen-y-gors

Seven?

Harper, whilst unusual, doesn't sound too weird as a girl's name. But Seven? That actually raises some interesting questions - the practice of numbering children is an old one - the Romans were keen on 'Secundus' 'Tertia', 'Septimus', 'Octavia' and so on, and today you'll find many people in the Latin countries called Segundo and so on. In which case does 'Seven' suggest there are three little fitzBeckham's floating around that haven't been publicly acknowledged?

1. nyelvmark
      Thumb Up

fitzBeckham

<applause>

2. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

RE: Seven?

Harper is a surname. We all know that.

The middle name is "Seven" because neither of them can count past three, so they just picked one of the big numbers and hoped it would be the right one.

4. al 2

of Nine

since they're secret Voyager fans...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

Hey!

They're not the only ones!

Seven of Nine, like Data in the Generations, really brought some interest to the sometimes rather turgid narratives.

Paris? Well perhaps she's an earth(l)y avatar.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

title...yada

HP7 ? wasn't that the old name for AA bateries?

Or maybe he's a trekkie...Seven of Nine?

6. ReadyPeople
    IT Angle

or Logans Run...

There was Jessica Six and Francis Seven

7. Anonymous Coward
    Childcatcher

Geeky Nerdlings

I wonder if those who hacked the site, on the day he had his fourth child, have managed to have children themselves, or even ever done anything that could bring about a baby?...

I think Beckham's life is good enough to not really be left devastated by the hacking of his website, any more than a typo creeping into the 2012 David Beckham calender.

1. BorkedAgain

"...a typo creeping into the 2012 David Beckham calender."

That's a horrible way to talk about his new child. For shame.

8. Flugal

Harper Seven?

Shame somebody didn't convince them to go with "Birmingham Six", or some such.

9. Clive 3
    Joke

Conceived where?

I thought they named their children after where they were conceived, e.g. Brooklyn?

Maybe it was on a number 7 bus and Harper was on one of the adverts?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Don't want to make a caustic remark but

Are you sure it was Harper on the side of the number 7 bus and not Harpic?

10. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

What's the fuss?

Celebs give their kid weird name. Hardly new is it? Celebs do that. It's one of the things that make them "special" compared to us ordinary (not-famous) folk.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Not just celebs

All sorts of people make up names - or let their kids choose their own names. Here in the states it's usually folks from the trailer parks, the projects (government funded housing), hippies and celebs.

You don't have to be a celeb to give your kid a stupid name - there's nothing "special" about that unless you're using the word special in the pejorative (as in "Special Needs" - a.k.a. ESN or "rides the short bus")... in which case : )

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Future children

I suppose the next one will be called Johnny Five, and more resemble his mother.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

RE: Future children

They might call it Johnny Five. Will it have implants like it's mother though?

12. schnide

Congratulations..

..to everyone who's so far managed a riff on "Victoria's ugly!"

Hilarious, mature, inventive and really brave too.

/sarcasm

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Apparently

she's ugly on the inside..thus fair game. You twat.

1. schnide
        FAIL

Then you shouldn't be attacking her..

..for what she is on the outside. You twat.

1. BorkedAgain
          Joke

Schnide fancies Posh Spice!

Pass it on...

2. This post has been deleted by its author

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Does anyone else find this whole thing...

... bizarre?

I'll get my coat ...

14. JDX Gold badge

Beckham undoubtedly outsources the management of his site

No, really? Because I'm sure otherwise we would have imagined he was dab hand at PHP.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

The real reason he called his daughter, Seven.

It was on tv today. He said his long time Man U team mate, Ronaldo, had called his son "One" and thought it was a good idea.

"So we just picked another number," he was quoted as saying.

I thank you!

16. Peter Murphy
    Coat

Cheer up, people. He could have called his daughter Minus Seven.

But that would have been a pretty negative thing to do.

17. deadlockvictim

Naming Schemes

I rather liked the New York naming scheme. I was just waiting for 'Hell's Kitchen' or 'Battery Park' to come along.

If I understand it correctly, the 'Harper' in the name is some magazine, one of those ones designed to make you feel ugly, while 'Seven' is a lucky number.

Poor girl. Still, with Posh Spice as a mother and David Beckham growing up in the make-believe world of la-la-land, I suppose her name is the least of her worries.

Final thought: I wonder if the names 'Harper One' to 'Harper Six' were already taken?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

(untitled)

If whoever hacked the site hasn't "managed" to have children themselves then they will be altruistically compensating for those who will be leaving behind double the number of folk in this world than will leave when they and their partner shuffle off this mortal coil.

19. taxman
    Flame

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh

I thought this was one place I could NOT have the Beckham publicity circus thrown at me!

Sheesh, news MUST be tight

20. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Costa Mesa Twenty Three Beckham

Has no one picked up on the seven shirt number? (I understand that 7 was Becks Shirt for Man u) to be fair Seven is a better name than Twenty Three!

As for the traditional naming practice, there was a place in California called Harper, its now Costa Mesa, which as above is a stupid name..

Yes Seven has multiple precedent both George Costanza & 7 of 9, as for Harper well there's Harper Lee although that is only a middle name (her first name is Nelle ). But my money is on Harper Finkle a character in the Disney Channel sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place. other than that All other notable Harpers have been male like Paul Simons' Son.

Anyway celebrities and silly children's names are really synonymous, it could have been so much worse.. but I bet they are really kicking themselves on the half past 7..

1. Bilgepipe

Disney

>>> But my money is on Harper Finkle a character in the Disney Channel sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place.

You know...... I can picture David Beckham watching Disney quite a lot.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Daily wail is running with this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2013725/Harper-Seven-Beckham-Baby-named-character-magical-Disney-show.html

This topic is closed for new posts.