back to article Oracle resellers: 'Give us our cash and make it snappy'

Oracle resellers are praying for quicker turnaround times for rebate payments under the revamped model, as many are struggling with cash-flow issues. To qualify for the kick-backs unveiled last week, dealers must satisfy three criteria: they must register all deals on the vendor's Open Market Model (OMM) system; services must …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Coat

No title really.

"For us to be able to account for the rebates and be exact, we need to wait for the quarter to close"

In other words, 'we want to make sure we have enough money to cover our losses before we give some away'.

2. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Mushroom

Oracle to Resellers

Screw you!

3. Matt Banks

whew

So far, it's worked out pretty well for us that Oracle dumped us as a Sun reseller. I guess they did us a favor.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reminds me of the Dutch goverment...

When you're 1 month late with the taxes you could be in a heap of trouble. Whenever the goverment is buying something from 3rd parties those will have to be patient; even if it takes them 1 - 2 /years/ before the payment has been done (which, in many cases, is also utterly high because when it comes to using tax money they're not weighing quality / spending in any way it sems).

I think Oracle is no different. Just look at the 200% increase in support /costs/ for Sun stuff whereas the quality of the service itself dropped by (I estimate) 85%.

Oracle is all about cash flow; the flow going their way, not the other way around. That they treat resellers this way is IMO another example of that. I'm amazed people even stick with them...

5. Asgard
    WTF?

Open Market?

@"on the vendor's Open Market Model"

Oracle's idea of “Open Market” sounds like newspeak for seeking vendor lock in via kick-backs.

Which is also called, bribery and Anti-competitive practices.

So I guess the name, "Open Market Model" is for the benefit of making it sound legitimate.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Microsoft

If it's anything like Microsoft's OEM distie rebate scheme, then it'll be one guy (probably an Excel jockey) in charge of calculating and notifying all the rebates. How do I know? That guy was me. Fun times.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oracle having cash flow problems?

Who'd a thunk it was time to short them? Usually once they get Too Big Too Fail you are stuck with these monstrosities.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Teething Problems

In our first two weeks of this new Partner Friendly model, all of our registrations have been denied on the basis that Oracle was already aware of the opportunity and had registered it already. When asked how did they become aware of it, the response was that we had talked about the opportunity with a Oracle Account Manager and they had registered it.

Our Oracle Partner Manager has subsequently told us not to talk to Oracle Account Managers about opportunities until you have registered it first, otherwise you lose your 3% rebate.

Now that is a partner friendly model.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like