back to article Nokia sees a good future for Nokia

By the year 2012 a quarter of all content will be user-generated and passed between friends, rather than being created and distributed by today's media brands, according to interviews with "trend-setting consumers". The Future Laboratory spoke to 9000 consumers on behalf of Nokia, all of whom are described as "active users of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

SMARTer Thunking ....

Bravo Nokia, ...and there are a lot more pills where those came from, Bill.

PS. IT is not a domination, IT is AIDominion. An Alien Concept to power-hungry wannabe network operators phishing for a freebie supper.

Provide Original Enlightening User Content and you Control with Intellectual Power ..which renders all those big sticks/fancy weapons just so much dumb-ass hardware from a bygone age.

Yo..... y'all comprendez.

2. andy rock
    Go

RE: SMARTer Thunking ....

well, that's that cleared up then, eh? ;-)

3. Joseph Zygnerski
    Alert

They better lay off the pills...

So, Nokia sees the future looking like a Nokia commercial? Because I swear I could see it in my head, all those carefully chosen people swapping content in a carefully choreographed way to carefully orchestrated music.

See myself doing it? Not at all.

4. Nexox Enigma

Oh gods

"""By the year 2012 a quarter of all content will be user-generated and passed between friends, rather than being created and distributed by today's media brands"""

Does that sound as terrible to anyone else as it does to me?

Now I've apparently only got ~4 years to buy a private island or cave somewhere to avoid going insane. Or maybe some countries (China I'm looking at you) could start some sort of war and cause havoc. I'm really liking the post-apocalyptic world compared to one in which "Trendsetting Attention Whores" (I'm sure that's what Nokia meant to say) supply 1/4 of the "Media."

I imagine that those people will be the first to perish after the nuclear winter / global warming disaster / future Seattle (think Dark Angel.)

Man my parenthesis are on fire today!

5. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

@"Trendsetting Attention Whores"

LOL :)

6. Eileen Bach

Snap, cackle and poop.

I'm still getting to grips with a digital photo-frame I got last christmas. That's a lie,- I haven't touched it since last christmas. It's too large and I wanted a wrist mount wireless one this year with gps.

7. amanfromMars Silver badge

@RE: SMARTer Thunking ....

"well, that's that cleared up then, eh? ;-)"

andy rock,

Is it any more difficult than providing something to follow into an Imaginative Future as it entertains/edutains........ showing what can be rather than what is? amfM HyperRadioProActivity posits that it is not at all difficult and a lot easier than may be imagined..... with Advanced IntelAIgents. [A Premise presently buzzing Great Games/GAImes Players for their Lead. First Come Leads with the Program]

8. Pascal Monett Silver badge

One quarter of all content will be user-generated

Well that's basically already the case on YouTube, no ? And what exactly is generated by users ? Cat videos, dog videos, baby videos, and generally very boring stuff. And the occasional happy-slapping vid, or even outright fighting. Then you have the massive group of people who film themselves talking, thinking that not only people are interested in their inane blabberings, and that they look good doing it as well.

But frankly I don't really care what kind of content is generated. For me, a phone is for phoning. Videos and films I watch on a widescreen TV from my couch, thank you very much.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

one problem

the "geeks" they speak of have no friends to share content with :P

- seriously though... hates to say it, but they are right. Amateur multimedia is the frightening future! (and you thought ring tones were annoying)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like