back to article Microsoft confirms departure of ID, access boss

Microsoft's general manager for its troubled identity and access unit has left the company, The Register has learned. We've been badgering the software vendor since Kim Cameron quit his post at Redmond in May to find out what changes were afoot within the group. Microsoft has stuck to declining to tell us anything about the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

"we understand that the software maker has fallen out of love with the tech"

If they were google they might have the good grace to open source it. But they're not; I doubt they'll even sell it to anyone to let them have a go at making it work. I'll pitch in a euro (see here now chief, it's worth more than a USoA dollar!) to take it off their hands. For dammit, we need something like that already just to stop the ever-growing flood of leaked personal info.

And given that rolling it out world-wide is going to take quite enough time already, we really can't do without more redmondian danger antics. Seems my annoyance and dark thoughts back when they sucked up the thing were entirely too justified. For this technology that is a pity and a darn shame. Throw a "it is hard" tantrum while at it, why don't you.

You know, redmondees still believe they're doing good things for the world and such. Well. This is, or would be, quite the wonderful chance to prove being right, but so far they're not making much of it. Which to me is simply yet more proof they're full of it. Buncha cultists. Do everyone a favour and go do what crackpot cultists do best, already.

2. Peter 39

Titanic

Seems that the only exec unaffected by the blood-letting is the one who deserves it most.

Beatings will continue until morale improves.

That means you, Steve.

3. Dan Paul
    FAIL

Too much competition for Microsoft??

Maybe, just maybe, Microsoft FINALLY realized that there are literally hundreds of competitors in the Access Control & ID market. They usually don't figure that out until after they have spent millions to buy their way into the business and overpaid some experienced upskirt smoke blowers to tell them what they probably should have understood before the spending binge.

Nothing different here today, MS misread the market, blew huge wads of cash and mothballed another "If/Come" product line.

4. Combat Wombat
    Mushroom

The only exec that needs to leave...

Is the chair throwing monkey who is in charge.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

When...

Will they get rid of the one guy who so obviously needs to go?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like