back to article Murdoch puts faith in online religion

Rupert Murdoch's global media omnibeast has bought itself a religious tentacle, according to reports. News Corp will announce today it has paid an undisclosed sum for Beliefnet.com, a faith portal whose mission "is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Keith T
    Flame

Come on you lions!

And this is the man who owns Fox TV?? etc. etc.

Ah, now I understand -- he goes to confession and then he's sparkly clean.

Once he's got global domination the next stage is to own heaven.

Headlines from the Sun-God "Cor wot a stunner - a right angel"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Brilliant move Rupert..

if I had the cash I'd buy up every media outlet that caters to a specific group. Right wing media outlets... religious media.... left wing media.. etc.Then "fan the flames" to drive customers to those media outlets so that my advertisers can target them for products.

Sounds evil but it makes perfect business sense.

Can i have my coat ? I have to head home so i can make some toast with religious likenesses and place my ads with Rupert. Maybe i can get some UFO toys in readiness for when he starts FOX Scientology TV.

3. amanfromMars Silver badge

False prophet/shrewd operator

"Once he's got global domination the next stage is to own heaven." .... Which one? He spins so many of them and there are so many of them to spin.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Makes sense

If I were as old and as obviously doomed to whatever as Uncle Rupe, I'd probably be trying to buy a way into something else, too.

5. Fred
    Alien

NWO

I think its all part of the nwo takeover... shtoom tho.

6. Alex McKenna

If the Devil actually existed....

I don't beleive in the Devil, or Hell, but the very existence of Murdoch, and his vile ways, tests my firmly held views.

Why would somebody, who has all the money you'd ever need, still put all his efforts into making the world worse, rather than the opposite?

"SO, what did you do when you were alive Rupert?"

"Oh, I devoted my life to helping the rich and ruthless - made things a little bit nastier for everyone..."

You must be so proud Rupe. Shame Hitler wasn't around when you were in charge of the media... You'd have made some son-of-a-Hun real happy.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Murdoch and religion....

At one point I think Murdoch (or one of his many mouthpieces) said he was a born again Christian.

Not sure what flavour he is at the moment though he has received a Papal Knighthood as a quick internet search will reveal.

Cash for honours? We've heard of it....

8. Mark SPLINTER
    Flame

Rich man thru eye of a needle

He's going to hell.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Hell!

Hell: where Satan belches fire, and enormous devils break wind both night and day!

Hell: where the mind is never free from the torments of remorse, and your bottom never free from the pricking of little forks!

Hell: where the air is pungent with the aroma of roasted behinds!

Also, I picked the only icon related to fire: we need a "Hellfire and Damnation" icon. More Brimstone, please!

10. James Pickett
    Thumb Down

Destination

"He's going to hell"

He'd enjoy that too much. Send him to Heaven and make him squirm...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Corrupt hypocrite

Just what Christianity needs, yet another hypocritical, money-grabbing, self-serving, neocon-supporting right-wing nut-job declaring his born again Christian status and then continuing to be all of the above. I fail to see how anyone could be much farther from living in Christ's image than the likes of Murdoch.

This topic is closed for new posts.