back to article Winklevoss twins are back in Facebook's face

Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss haven't backed away entirely from their epic row with Facebook, despite ending a Supreme Court appeal against an earlier ruling. The Los Angeles Times reports that the strapping, slightly creepy Olympic rowing twins, alongside biz partner Divya Narendra, are trying to convince a judge to probe …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 18
    FAIL

Data security

Reassuring that the creator of the largest social network in the world knows zip about data security and securely deleting old content.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Um

You're assuming the data was stored on a box he controlled. Was it?

2. Trollslayer

Glad I'm not them

They got over $30 million each and they don't have lives.

There are people with next to nothing who are better off than them.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Born on third base and think they hit a triple

What is wrong with the Winklevii boys? They have Harvard and Cambridge educations, a clutch of rowing medals, and $65M in the bank that was basically F--- Off Money because they claim Facebook "stole their idea" even though there is no copyright in "ideas".

And instead of accepting that they basically won the lottery, getting paid off for doing next to nothing, and enjoying and/or doing good with the rest of their lives, they are pissing it away in court whining that they want more.

Over-privileged twats with an out of control sense of entitlement.

/Paris, for obvious reasons

1. James Hughes 1

Must as I hate to agree

I agree.

$45M not good enough for them? Then give it to someone who deserves it. Tossers.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

Unfair to Paris

I think you unfairly equate Paris with the Winkelsloths.

While Paris may be an "over-privileged twat" as well, her personal worth (nexcluding any old Hilton money) is very considerable (quite a bit more than the Winkelsliths new found wealth in fact) and was created by her. The gal has her faults (and attributes), but lack of business savvy is not one of her faults.

Dweeb

3. raving angry loony

as I understand it

As I understand the case, it's not that it was "their idea". It's that they paid Zuck to create a product, the predecessor to Facebook. Zuck stole that (not delivering it in the first place) and went off to create Facebook with it. So Zuck was technically working for them at the time, it was a work for hire, and they thus own it. So the argument goes anyway.

4. JimC
      Pirate

Don't thinkits about money actually...

Seems to me its more about far more primeval emotions - revenge and jealousy... Like you guys say, if it was the money they'd sit on it. I suspect they just want to get the ******** any way they can...

4. JDX Gold badge

number is irrelevant

What's it matter they got $30m each if they are right? The amount they get isn't the point, unless you're going to draw some arbitrary line where "they should be happy".

Normally I wouldn't hold this position, and they may be twats, but it seems Zuckerburg is the bigger one.

1. David Paul Morgan
      Big Brother

However, I

enjoyed the film immensely!

There's nothing like intrigue and human greed to sell a good story!

It was like Dynasty crossed with Twitter - oh, sorry, that's Gossip Girl.

I'm fascinated by the fact that Facebook has uber-triumphed whilst all the rest are left behind - friends reunited, myspace, bebo et. al.

big brother, because - we're all watching eachother?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The problem is, they already agreed

That this was a proper settlement for their claims. They are trying to come back for more.

And also, I would certainly draw such a line.

3. Giles Jones Gold badge

Would it have existed?

The point is that it is hard to prove that Facebook would have existed (albeit under a different name) if Zuckerberg hadn't created it.

It's one thing to have an idea and another thing to create a successful implementation of that idea. Not to mention create a business model that works.

1. slaterm61

Would it have existed?

Just a couple of spoiled little rich boys that couldn't code their way out of a paper bag

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh to be tall, fit, and good looking.

If I were any of those three, perhaps I'd've developed an in built sense of self entitlement.

Maybe that's how it works, or maybe everyone just wants to be given loads of money for nothing, but only really good looking people have the ability to get people to fall for it.

Don't get me wrong; being a fat, unhealthy dwarf doesn't make me bitter. I know this is the case because there are literally millions of other successful, tall, fit people that don't piss me off.

I can only think of one other person in the last 20 years who irritated me as much as these two, and that was the "I don't get out of bed for less than..." attributed to the stick insect otherwise known as whatever.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like