back to article Microsoft BPOS biz-cloud hit by another outage

Microsoft cloud execs are crossing their fingers that Office 365, the pending successor to the Business Productivity Online Suite, is a safer bet for customers following yet another crash in North America. Customers across the region and in London reported problems logging into the hosted service – Exchange Online and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hplasm
    Coat

Apt name, really.

Biz Cloud.

2. LPF
    Thumb Down

Yep People...

thats what you want your mission critical app hosted in the cloud..words fail me..

3. Daedalus
    Angel

Just a POS?

Microdroids really are out of touch. Nobody in their right mind would use "POS" in an acronym in the USA. But then, maybe it really is just a POS.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Not just any ole OS for delivering SMART Fuel and Intellectual Property for Private Nationalisation

Does BP OS dictate origin and ownership questions or answer them sublimely.

4. Ryan Clark

Really?

We didn't have any problems yesterday and as the administrator for my companies BPOS, if there is an issue I usually get calls. Can't think when we last had a problem with email, OCO was off for a few hours a couple of weeks back but the system seems pretty reliable to me.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

I can't help reading it as

Big Piece Of Shit

Seems it's living up to its name.

6. Wila

built from the ground up?

Oh, let's swap our buggy service with a grand fail proof new one.

Don't fix existing bugs, but just replace everything.

How many times have I heard in the IT world, "the next version fixes these issues"

What they fail to mention is that it also contains brand spanking NEW problems.

Built from the ground up, just means that it isn't enterprise ready. Building stuff new means it will come with defects. The old one is too broken to fix?

Especially Microsoft's software is known to be buggy if it is new.... Oh well.. you all enjoy your MS cloud while I use my desktop and get work done.

7. Arrrggghh-otron

Go Cloud! Go Cloud!

I'm cheering you on from the side lines...

8. Andy Jones
    Coat

Supercomputer

"which transpired to have been caused by network hardware failure."

Did they build a super computer data centre out of XBox 360's and some of the Red Ringed?

/mines the one with the heatsink in the pocket.

9. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Happy

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

And sometimes it rains - get over it. Anyone can promise 99.99% up-time but we all know that it's not going to work out like that ..

Hey little girl, come over here - you want some ice-cream?

10. pankaj

Look at other alternatives

Companies may want to look at other alternatives. Our HyperOffice has been in cloud communication and collaboration since 1998 - http://www.hyperoffice.com/blog/2011/05/31/a-call-to-bpos-and-google-apps-customers/

11. Fehu
    Megaphone

Homesick for Dylan

And the pump don't work, cause the vandals took the handle.

Ah, those were the days. If I could only remember a couple of them.

Sit-in the quad!!!

12. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

What I don't understand

We keep hearing about cloud {spit} whoopsies yet people still insist it's the best thing since sliced bread, and that everyone should put everything on it.

Can it really be that they have some great insight denied those of us manning the oars?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Devised by marketing men

Therefore P O S.

It won't last. It probably won't even outlast the Euro.

13. Tezfair
    Mushroom

Crash, Burn, Die

Title says its all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like