back to article Child of Eden

"Save Eden. Save Lumi." The precluding order of an introduction which summarises Child of Eden’s essentially superfluous plot. I could tell you that the general gist is that we’re hundreds of years into the future, Lumi – the fist human born in space – is long dead, and the internet has evolved into something approaching The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr Brush

PS3?

Genuinely didn't know this was out for PS3 too. Does it use the Move controller?

1. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Re: PS3?

Actually, the PS3 version is still in development and as far as I'm aware, set for a September release. It will use Move.

1. MJI Silver badge

Delayed due to small team

And rumoured 3D support

2. Mike Brown

nice review

but can you use the pseye to control the game the same way the xbox version works for kinnect

3. Greg J Preece

Yes, it's a Move game

But according to my yet-again-delayed Play.com pre-order, the PS3 version isn't out until September. Don't ask me why - the dates for the two consoles were identical right up until about 6 weeks ago.

4. Greg J Preece

I tell you what...

...that "gears" level doesn't half look like the "fear" level from the end of Rez.

Man, I have been waiting years for this game. I loved Rez with a disturbing passion. Imported the soundtrack CD and it's other slightly *ahem* interesting peripheral. And being a PS3 gamer, I have to wait a little while longer...

5. Tom Servo
    Thumb Up

would love to see a kinect upgrade to REZ HD

on XBOX live - I reckon most of the CoE purchasers would snap REZ HD up if an update would integrate kinect as the contrlooer for it.

And while you're at it, bring out a boxing game with realistic historical fighters in for Kinect - the boxing on sports is fun, but would love to be smacking Marciano upside the head rather than cutesy avatars.

6. thefutureboy
    Alien

Tears to the eyes

"Lumi – the fist human born in space"

I'm not sure I want to know how they were conceived...

1. Bobby Omelette

... or how they were born.

I'm trying not to think of how messy childbirth would be without gravity.

1. Marvin the Martian

Childbirth without gravity?

So you mean like underwater births? Feasible, but messy indeed.

7. Thomas 4
    Thumb Up

It's been a good few years for Indie work

World of Goo, Plants vs Zombies, Braid, Limbo, The Void - it's really good to see some originality creeping back into games, rather than more generic Halo knock-offs.

8. MikeyD85
    Thumb Up

Love Rez, Love CoE

Love the Kinect control scheme too. It's been awesome fun! I feel like a wizard playing that game.

@Tom Servo: I too would like to see Rez HD Kinect ;)

9. Chris 3
    Headmaster

From the opening of the article...

The word "Precluding". I do not think it means what you think it means.

Try a different word, perhaps?

1. Dakos San

The fist human born in space.

"Precluding" as in "made impossible". The first plot line says we have to save "Lumi" - who it goes on to say is "long dead".

I'm more worried about these Fist Human's..

10. Adam T
    Thumb Up

Brilliant game

Got this today and loving it - it's Rez love all over again. Best example of Kinect fun I've had yet, though both me and the missus are suffering from pretty severe arm aches after just playing through the first couple of levels! :p

11. Rattus Rattus

Looks nice...

Any chance of a PC version?

1. Peter Kay

Unlikely I would have thought..

On the bright side, do you know about Charlie's Games?

http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/

Dirt cheap, and quite fun.

I do like shmups, but still haven't finished some of the rather good Dreamcast shooters..

This topic is closed for new posts.