back to article New Cassini pics of Saturnian 'Ice Queen' Helene

NASA has released new pictures taken by the space probe Cassini in orbit around Saturn, ringed titan of the Outer System. The pictures show the small trojan ice moon Helene in close up. Ice moon Helene imaged by the Cassini probe on June 18, 2011. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute Interesting, but not enough …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Olafthemighty
    Alien

Wow

And wow.

2. nyelvmark
    WTF?

ringed titan of the Outer System

A confusing phrase, given the idiosyncratic capitalisation, and the fact that Titan is Saturn's largest moon, but I figured it out eventually.

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Reg Units

When did the Wales get replaced by the Rutland as the preferred unit of measure?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Rutland Unit of Measure

For the reader hailing from the US, Rutland is about the size of Texas but not quite as large.

2. Arbuthnot Darjeeling
      Happy

for me the questions are

Who has been to Rutland, or knows where it is, never mind how big it is as a fraction of the size of Wales

1. Code Monkey
        Boffin

Rutland vs Wales

Rutland is considerably smaller than Wales, making it a much more appropriate unit for certain measurements. FYI Rutland is 382 square km or roughly 0.0184 Wales.

3. Michael Dunn
      Headmaster

Units

You might have mentioned "miliHelens." as the measure of beauty necessary to launch single ships.

4. Greg J Preece

Re: Appropriate Name

I seem to remember reading in a deGrasse Tyson book that all the planets were named this way - the planet itself after the Roman god, and the moons after the children of their equivalent in the Greek pantheon. Or something like that...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Rutland ....

... Mamograms!

Anon for once because even I think it's sad ....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Mmmm, Tasty

I'd like to git me a bite of that there space-turnip

7. Mako

"Diminutive moonlet"

Sounds like a good name for a racehorse.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

actually she's a

Thai prostitute

8. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Yay for science!

Yay !!

9. The last doughnut
    Go

I for one

Would like to see this giant ice cube inserted roughly into Rutland. Probably the best thing that would ever happen to the place.

I thank you.

10. mike 32
    Go

We live in an awesome age

when we get to see the heavens like this. Hauntingly beautiful (along with that walnut-moon, whose name escapes me currently). Oh, to be able to explore it personally!

11. Sam Therapy
    Thumb Up

Yup

Science is damn good stuff.

12. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like