back to article LiveJournal flogged to Russians

San Francisco blogware firm Six Apart has offloaded LiveJournal, the fiesty community it bought only two years ago, to the Russian media group SUP. LiveJournal already beats Google's Blogger and others for the title of Russia's most popular blogging site. It claims more than 14 million registered users worldwide. It makes no …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edward Pearson
    Flame

Obligtory /. comment.

In Soviet Russia, LiveJournal blogs you!

2. Joseph Zygnerski

Ah

I noticed some changes on LiveJournal recently, perhaps this is the cause.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@Edward Pearson

Disclaimer: by reading this you agree not to conduct any legal action against me or my family based on the text provided below. If you disagree skip this comment.

I live in Soviet (Put*n) Russia, and I'd like to say:

Yes! It blogs!

On every big website (like mail.ru) in Russia you're encouraged to start blogging on LiveJournal. I heard that this year we had several cases when people were sued for posts against government officials and democracy issues in Russia.

So, beware, It blogs you closely!

BTW, mail.ru has http-based login form on the home page (no ssl, no security, no privacy), so they can mail you as well!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A LOT of upset LJers...

Especially because they were not told, this came completely out of the blue, whereas the sale to 6A was publicised in a way that had people at least thinking about it.

Of course, the party thrown last night in SF to celebrate (celebrate what exactly?) went down like a lead balloon with the LJ community. Quelle surprise!

So yeah... my log's been backed up and exported, I'm starting to erase my old entries. Somewhere along the line I'll say goodbye because I don't trust SUP.

This topic is closed for new posts.