back to article Neal's Yard Remedies its supply chain

Neal's Yard jars and spray in field Neal's Yard is famous for its natural remedies sold in distinctive blue bottles. But how do the perishable and rare ingredients get to the factory, and how do the products of this £20m business get to market? Neal's Yard has both a sophisticated supply and distribution chain - and an IT …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Whitehead
    Thumb Down

WTF?

I shall treasure this contribution as a perfect example of the imbecility of using video or audio in place of the written word without good reason. I watched for two minutes -- roughly what it takes to read a one-page Reg article -- and learned that the piece was something to do with outsourcing. I had no clue as to what the conclusion would be nor what issues it would address. I chose not to waste a further 15 minutes to find out. The fact that what promised to be video was only a slide show with execrable sound quality enhanced the sense of futility.

Why did you post this? What conceivable editorial purpose did it serve? Do you exist solely to waste your readers' time? If I'm wrong and the piece has some interesting points later on, please make a quick summary of them and I'll happily read it.

2. SteveDaniels
    Happy

Subtitles Please

Hi, could we have The Register videos subtitled please?

Thanks

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Last Time I read about Neils Yard here...

They were being lambasted by some other correspondent for not having "real" scientists.

I'm sure he didn't realise, at the time, that they are a 20-million-GBP turnover company with sophisticated systems, and I'm sure he's very sorry now. I hope he enjoyed his muesli this morning.

(And no, I wasn't sufficiently interested in their supply chain to watch a 15-minute interview, either.

4. Jamie Kitson

"Remedies"

Disappointed that you didn't properly quote "remedies". I suppose it's one up on "cures".

5. sebacoustic

the real remedy

the "real" Neal's Yard has something truly beneficial to offer: Cheese. And only the best.

http://www.nealsyarddairy.co.uk/

That's got more healing powers than any herbal vegan snake oil.

6. There's a bee in my bot net

IT skills shortage?

So the UK has an IT skills shortage. I know because everybody keeps banging on about it.

So companies of this size 'only bring skills in-house that add value to the end product' but have bought all the Sage modules - so who uses the Sage systems? Accountants? But they don't add value to the end product - so why not just outsource them? etc etc

Also they don't have an in-house IT staff because of all the training and 'taking care of their well fare'. Damn those IT people with their constant need to learn and their expectation to be treated like highly skilled professionals.

Ever wonder why there is a skills shortage? And if there really is such a skills shortage why are recruiters reporting that despite the number of IT vacancies going up this year, the list of applicants for these positions are 'scarily long'?

Come on kids! Train to work in IT, spend the rest of your professional life trying to keep up to speed and relevant for the job market and weep as you watch that market disappear under your feet as you are outsourced or replaced with other kids fresh out of IT training for less money and then having to take massive pay cuts just to get a job with the thousands of other ex IT bods! Yeah - who wouldn't want that kind of opportunity! IT, you know it makes sense...

<skulks off to live in a cave and sell cheese (well if the cheese selling part worked for Alex James of Blur...)>

7. peter ashworth
    WTF?

wasn't this just an ad for Sage?

i too gave up before the end of the video, but i did watch over half of it, and fundamentally it seemed an advert for Sage products, without examples of use, to any how-to's - was this article done to get Sage to buy two adverts and is this the future??

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like