back to article Nokia market share to fall below Samsung, Apple

Nokia has been knocked off the top of the smartphone totem pole by Samsung, Japanese investment bank Nomura said today. Worse, Apple will overtake the Finnish phone giant in Q3, the bank forecast, Reuters reports. Both Samsung and Apple already outsell Nokia in Europe, in the overall mobile market and the smartphone arena, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Ditching Symbian for MS?

...let me know how that works out for you...

Be interesting to hear the reasons they didn't go with android.

1. Lewis Mettler 1
      FAIL

Nokia does not know who it's against

Nokia thinks it must compete against Google.

But, Nokia is in the handset market not the OS market. And Google does not make handsets.

Focusing only on the Microsoft OS will only limit the marketplace for Nokia. While other true competitors for Nokia can make both a Microsoft and a Google phone.

Elop still thinks he works for Microsoft.

2. Doug 3
      Pirate

re: Ditching Symbian for MS?

Elop claimed that Google was a competitor( of Nokia I presume ) and also that if they chose Android they would be just another Android phone vendor. Both are bogus since Elop does not work for Microsoft any more(questionable) and are they not now just another Windows phone vendor.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

At this rate...

It won't be long before Nokia are over taken by two plastic cups and a bit of string.

3. James Hughes 1

It's a shame

That Nokia are finding themselves in the poo. Their hardware really is much better than the others, just let down by less than stellar software. To be honest, the software is pretty good, but just not as good as the competition. Feature wise the phones are right up there - the N8 has the best camera, and a very solid feature set. Just not the GUI bells and whistles that everyone wants.

Next phone I get will be a cheap Nokia - the cheap SS I have really is diabolical. Don't want a smartphone (even though I work on smartphones for a living), just something that can actually makes calls from home (which the SS fails at abysmally). That means a Nokia. Shame that there is so little money to be made at the low end.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

In other news

Someone predicted that Windows Phones will outsell iOS on phones by 2015 (can't remember where that is).

Everying is guessing. My money is on Apple / Samsung. Unless of course Balmer has got Microsoft employees so scared they will eventually produce a different mobile OS.

1. tmTM

Someone?

Someone predicted that Windows Phones will outsell iOS phones by 2015

Someone's making it up.

5. Scrote

sad times

I hope Nokia recover from all this crap in the news. All because they've decided to switch from a dodgy old OS to a shiny new one. Might have helped if they had a new product out though...

1. tmTM

Help?

Might have helped if they'd of switched to an OS people actually want to use.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like