back to article Lulz warns NHS of sick security

LulzSec, the security collective which claimed credit for hacking Sony, has taken to Twitter to warn the NHS that it stumbled across several admin passwords. The Department of Health claimed the breach was nothing more serious than "a very small number of website administrators". It said no national systems were hit - given …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"little girls feasts"

"And no, we don't have any idea what "little girls feasts" means either."

Are you not a reporter? Is it not your job to investigate the news on which you report?

A 1 minute browse of their twitter feed would have told you that it was a reference to the #Alicebucketlist trend on twitter the other day about a young girl with terminal cancer, with several last requests, one of which was that she wanted everyone to donate bone marrow.

(unless of course you knew that already and were just referring to the poor grammar, in which case carry on good sir!)

2. Mephistro
    Holmes

A probable solution to the 'little girls' mystery:

In Spanish, the word for "little girls" is "niña"* , which sounds quite the same as "ninja". Also, the botched grammar seems to imply the authors are not native English speakers, so it would fit nicely.

* If your browser can't display properly the 'ñ' symbol, it's just an 'n' with a tilde on top.

You're welcome. :-)

3. Reallydo Wannaknow

feasts on bones?

Perhaps referring to Alice and her "Bucket List"?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jun/09/alices-bucket-list-blog-internet

4. Robin Bradshaw
    Childcatcher

Feasting on bones

The LulzSec twitter feed give more clues as to the meaning of the little girls feasting on bones.

"GIVE LITTLE GIRLS YOUR BONES IN RETURN FOR ALL THE LULZ WE BROUGHT YOU: http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/bonemarrow/"

LulzSec are encouraging you to register as a bone marrow donor because its a good thing to do, or possibly because they have access to that database, id like to think it was for the first reason.

5. arsebiscuiting
    FAIL

Twitter anyone?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Alice%E2%80%99s+%E2%80%98Bucket+List%E2%80%99+

Are el reg journos blocked from twitter now?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Feasting

It's a reference to a girl who needs a bone marrow transplant.

7. Degüello

"little girls feasts"

"we hope that little girls feasts on the bones of many giving souls"

Translation: we hope a female below the age of majority gets plenty of bone marrow donations.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

good Lulz

see they are not all that bad after all!...

I can only imagine if they spent more time looking they would find many more holes in the NHS's network

9. Bif

little girls feasts on the bones of many giving souls ...

There's currently a twitter campaign, started by a 15yo girl with terminal cancer, to recruit bone marrow donors.

10. David.Rothwell

Little girls feasting...

"Also, we hope that little girls feasts on the bones of many giving souls." is a reference to #alicebucketlist

11. TJK

And no, we don't have any idea what "little girls feasts" means either.

Get with the times #Alicebucketlist

12. hplasm
    Joke

LGFOTBOMGS

It's the magic word that will defeat Dave's attempts to bash the NHS...

13. Willington

Wow

Cameron's Big Society idea may work after all!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"little girls feasts"

I believe the "little girls feasts" comment refers to the terminal cancer patient that was trending on twitter recently (#alicebucketlist). LulzSec commented on it on one of their tweets.

http://alicepyne.blogspot.com/

15. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Hmmm....

NHS IT system security a little bit iffy? Don't think it needed a crack group of freedom fighters/hackers, which this lot claim to be, to tell us that!

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reference

Little Girl Bone Feasting is a reference to the 15 year old girl who wants to trend on twitter.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ok...

I never just insult people on the internet, but having read their letter, all I can think to say is:

What a bunch of self important twats.

18. Angus Wood

"little girls feasts"

The context is that LulzSec had previously called upon people to donate bone marrow to children.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

little girls feasts

"little girls feasts" is a reference to a the British Bone Marrow Registry. See their tweet: "GIVE LITTLE GIRLS YOUR BONES IN RETURN FOR ALL THE LULZ WE BROUGHT YOU"

20. Anonymous Coward
    Childcatcher

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-13702876

the little girls reference to her asking that everyone in the uk becomes a bone marrow doner.

21. SteveBalmer
    FAIL

Really?

As surely by the nature of these anonymous groups, they really can't say say nobody in their collective didn't take any data...

Why is it OK for then to not leak my NHS records but leak my PSN details?

22. frank ly

The Fools!

That link ... http://lulzsecurity.com

All the authorities need to do is track down the registered owner of that domain and they can capture the evil mastermind who is responsible for the worldwide computer carnage.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

what "little girls feasts on bones" means

If you read their twitter, it's their way of describing bone-marrow donations and what a good and noble thing they are to do for sick children. Or at least that's what I interpreted them to mean by:

>"GIVE LITTLE GIRLS YOUR BONES IN RETURN FOR ALL THE LULZ WE BROUGHT YOU: http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/bonemarrow/"

24. Bumpy Cat
    Angel

"little girls feasts"

Maybe ... an appeal for bone marrow donors for child leukaemia?

Also, Lulz is wrong - you cannot be both a pirate and a ninja. You have to pick one, dammit!

1. dan 43
      Pirate

@ bumpy cat

obviously not seen weebl & bob then :D?

'shiver me shurikens'

2. dan 43
      Pirate

@ bumpy cat

obviously not seen weebl & bob then :D?

25. adaytay

Alice's Bucket List

"little girl feasts" - this is a reference to a young lady who has terminal cancer, and one of her wishes in her bucket list is to get everyone to sign up for the Bone Marrow register. Google alicebucketlist for more info... it's been taking the twittersphere by storm.

26. ukbabz
    Pint

Title needed

Good bit of PR for LulzSec, hit the bad guys for crap security yet be nice and warn the NHS of their short comings...

Not a suprise that there are so many holes in NHS 'secuirty' though..

Beer Icon as its friday...

27. Elmer Phud
    Thumb Up

Brownie points

Kudos to LulzSec. Not a smash and grab but an advisory.

There will be the 'Yeah, but they are just saying that, you don't know what else they've taken', but I'm mug enough to beleive that they are mainly interested in showing up the commercial twats like Sony.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not a smash and grab?

So your saying that you can trust an anonymous group of hackers who are famous for leaking personal data onto the internet to not leak this specific personal data onto the internet (or use it for their own amusement) just because they say so?

1. Peter Murphy
        Happy

In this particular case, no.

I cannot see much personal cachet in leaking the personal details of an organisation that provides subsidised heath care to the masses.

Now, if it was a American _private_ health insurance company, where 30% goes to "administrative fees", and where having your tonsils out costs $10,000, that would be a different matter.

28. podman

Alice bucket list

I would imagine that they're referring to Alice Bucket List (http://alicepyne.blogspot.com/), and bone marrow donation...

29. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Back on topic

It's sad to see the Dept of Health shrugs it off as "nothing serious" - that's kind of the point. They're trying to give a friendly heads-up before someone else comes along and makes it serious.

30. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Black Helicopters

Someone's been using Google translate?

Key players don't have English as a first language?

Or just want people to think that?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like