back to article Greek police nab Pentagon hacking carding suspect

Greek police have arrested an 18-year-old suspected of hacking into systems run by Interpol, the FBI, and the Pentagon. The unnamed Athens-resident teenager - known only by his online handle nsplitter - allegedly began his hacking spree with an attack against the FBI when he was only 15. However, investigators reckon his main …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rovindi
    Windows

lives with this mother...

...say´s it all

1. Tegne
      Thumb Down

How so?

I lived with my parents until I was 19 as most people I know lived with their parents until a similar age. I know some Greek men and Women who live with their parents until they are married in their late 20's or early 30's. It's a cultural (and economic) thing.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

malicious toolbar spyware hacking machine systems?

> Greek police have arrested an 18-year-old suspected of hacking into systems run by Interpol, the FBI, and the Pentagon

Was it an Apple or a Linux or some other OS system?

"Authorities .. led to a recent raid on the suspect's home - which he shares with his mother"

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Actually....

living with one's mother well into one's late 20s is quite common in Greece. And it was so for many years before the current crisis. It's a mentality thing...

The weird thing is that his mother didn't know about his weapons (she wouldn't have known about the hacking anyway), since Greek mothers tend to check up on their beloved sons :)

4. Svantevid
    Happy

Smart kid

"18-year-old (...) used to siphon off cash (...) not to buy consumer electronics or flashy cars, but to invest in firms listed on the Greek stock exchange."

---

He's smarter than our finance minister. Can he be extradited here, please?

1. Tim #3

You're welcome to him

Considering how the Greek Stock Market Index has declined in the past 3 years from over 5000 to 1300-odd. Mayeb he's a follower of the Gordon Brown school of economics.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"to invest in firms listed on the Greek stock exchange"

So he hasn't even got any cash?

6. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Thumb Up

More clay feet spotted!

Yet another net "libertarian", no doubt, who turns out to be just a petty crim.

7. mhenriday
    Big Brother

Hacked the Pentagon ?

Will the US now bomb Greece and appeal to this casus belli ?...

Henri

PS : John, this business about the funds obtained via this young man's illicit activities being used «not to buy consumer electronics or flashy cars, but to invest in firms listed on the Greek stock exchange» seems to belong to the category «Apocrypha» ; in any event, nothing of the sort is mentioned in the CNN story to which you provide a link (it also mentioned him being suspected of hacking into FBI and Interpol systems, but says nothing about the Pentagon). Perhaps the young chap knows more about the workings of the stock market than you give him credit for ?....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like