back to article SeeSaw video-on-demand service to close

Arqiva is closing down its online video-on-demand service, SeeSaw. SeeSaw, which was effectively put up for sale in January, will shut up shop at the end of June. In an email sent to Arqiva staff today - and seen by Reg Hardware - company CEO John Cresswell said: "Despite varying levels of interest being shown [in SeeSaw], we …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Hayes 1

no iOS

I think lack of support for iOS also played a big part in reducing Seesaw's audience. I certainly know I'd probably use it loads if it worked on my ipad.

1. serviceWithASmile

obvious

troll is obvious

2. NickyD
    FAIL

No point

I think the lack of a point played every part in its downfall - those that can surf the web can use things like iPlayer, 4od etc etc, and with a little step froward can grab everything via torrents. What compelling reason did they offer Joe Public to use or even pay for their service?

1. Lamont Cranston

Quite.

I signed up some time ago, but have never actually used the service as everything I want, I can through iPlayer, 4oD and Demand5. Anything else isn't worth paying for, as it's only TV. Shame, but there you go.

3. Lunatik
    FAIL

Look on the bright side, SeeSawers...

At least you're almost guaranteed to win the award for Stealthiest Marketing Campaign, even if it is posthumously.

Also, SeeSaw? Even in an age of daft brand names, this was a bold choice. Only with a concerted and consistent brand push do such names leave the world of Moonpig become an Orange.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like