back to article Cabinet Office shakes up PSN

The Cabinet Office has created a new governance regime for the Public Sector Network (PSN) as the next step in its development. Work on various elements of the PSN, which is being developed as a 'network of networks' from existing commercial infrastructure to promote collaborative working, will be distributed among the major …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh *that* PSN

I was just wondering how Sony's problems could get worse and that seemed to be the answer.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

PSN

Will probably be as secure as the other PSN. Paris cause she can make three letter acronyms too

3. MJI Silver badge

Phew - not another attack

Just got back online - don't want to lose it again

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

WTF?

- Ministry of Defence (MoD) – networks, security and green issues.

Military != Green

Unless they are now using recycable bullets, tanks now do 75mpg thanks to there hybrid engines and planes now use hydrogen fuels cells made using reneawble sources.

1. Father Jed
      Thumb Down

No really

When did the Army stop wearing green? Sure the Navy and RAF have issues, but credit where it is due.

You are just not thinking outside the box - just not civil service material.

5. Colin Millar
    Big Brother

Jeff Parris - what a joker

" individual (local) authorities could be influential in determining the services to be offered"

I like that "could" just slipped casually in there - translation "could, if hell freezes over,

Looks like this is just a continuing exercise in lining up ducks anyway.

Big brother would be watching you but he's got some pencils to sharpen right now.

6. Gordon 10

Insanity

I thought most of those depts had proved time and time again they shouldnt be let near IT projects.

DoH - are they mad?

Mod - they can't procure a beer barrel in a brewery. They have demonstrated failures to procure anything physical let alone IT services.

7. Blitheringeejit
    FAIL

Unlinked data anyone?

So, one department gets data standards and a different one gets document standards. So much for Saint Tim Berners-Lee and Linked Data ...

8. J P

War and Peace

"Big brother would be watching you but he's got some pencils to sharpen right now." That'll be a new keyboard thanks

Oh, and Gordon 10: "Mod - they can't procure a beer barrel in a brewery. They have demonstrated failures to procure anything physical let alone IT services" - maybe the fact that they've proved they can't procure anything physical is the precise reason they've tasked them with intangibles; it's going to be that much harder to prove they've failed...

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

If I'm not mistaken...

Didn't the gov't lose unencrypted details of child benefit?

This PSN is going to be about as secure as the other one...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like