back to article Student books Vegas trip with Twitter mood detection app

Ben Waine, a self described "student ninja” who scooped first prize at the PHP Benelux Azure coding contest on May 21, has announced his victory on Twitter in a fittingly dignified and restrained manner: “Vegas baby yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!!! Thanks to the @PHPAzureContest team who gave advice and support. #dpc11” But before we …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

PHP Benelux Azure coding contest?

PHP app for Azure? You mean you have to change your PHP code so it works on Windows Azure? Must be even crappier than I could imagine.

2. Tony Barnes

That was the BEST app created?

Without trying to be overtly harsh, were there any other entries?

Why would there be no search function in an application that doesn't allow for multiple searches of the same keywords? Is that single list of keywords the only ones that have been added to the app?

Function over form is fine and dandy, but 'search' is a pretty basic function IMO...

Pretty graphs though

1. Oninoshiko

in fairness

search is something that should be pretty easy to graft on later. I generally consider this type of thing more of a "Proof of concept" then a "fully ready to sell product"

3. DZ-Jay

It's broken!

How scalable is that? I get an error when I click any ofnthe trending entries:

object(RuntimeException)#45 (7) { ["message":protected]=> string(26) "Response Code Not Expected" ["string":"Exception":private]=> string(0) "" ["code":protected]=> int(0) ["file":protected]=> string(99) "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tse-client\SentimentEngineClient\SentimentEngineClient\library\TSESDK\TSESDK.php" ["line":protected]=> int(265) ["trace":"Exception":private]=> array(8) { [0]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(99) "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tse-client\SentimentEngineClient\SentimentEngineClient\library\TSESDK\TSESDK.php" ["line"]=> int(211) ["function"]=> string(14) "handleResponse" ["class"]=> string(6) "TSESDK" ["type"]=> string(2) "->" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> object(Zend_Http_Response)#46 (5) { ["version":protected]=> string(3) "1.1" ["code":protected]=> int(500) ["message":protected]=> string(21) "Internal Server Error" ["headers":protected]=> array(7) { ["Cache-control"]=> string(7) "private" ["Content-type"]=> string(24) "text/html; charset=utf-8" ["Server"]=> string(17) "Microsoft-IIS/7.0" ["X-powered-by"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(9) "PHP/5.3.5" [1]=> string(7) "ASP.NET" } ["Date"]=> string(29) "Wed, 25 May 2011 00:06:32 GMT" ["Connection"]=> string(5) "close" ["Content-length"]=> string(4) "6295" } ["body":protected]=> string(6295) "

1. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like