back to article Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma gaming headset

Having just played Darkspore, and somewhat underwhelmed by the music and ambient sounds, I am definitely not above lowering games' scores slightly based on sound quality. At times it appears that audio is the developers’ last thought and, likewise, I’ll admit that choosing the latest graphics card or mouse takes precedence over …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Why?

Why do soundcard companies make such hidious looking software? Rather than keeping things clean/tidy/usable you have to install a full screen monster of purple and metal on your computer.

2. Chris Campbell
    Happy

That reminds me...

Creative Sound Blaster? I'm sure I had one of these in my 486dx in 1995, it made those midi sound effects in Doom sound really life like ;)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

yes, but will it work with the console?

I'd love to get my hand on such a headphone, 5.1 and 7.1 are really nice. But can I get those speakers to work on the console, as easily as they work on the PC?

When I tried to find a surround sound headphone for the console, I was greeted with a headphone that require an extra device to be connected between it and the console! Is there a headphone that can be connected to the USB of the console and can give me 5.1 and optionally 7.1 sound? or am I stuck?

1. thomas newton

yes, the soundblaster recon 3d

is on its way, thats cross platform - pcs and consoles apparently. I treated myself to a pair of the Alphas for christams and I've got to say I'm pretty happy with them.

details here -

http://digitalronyn.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/of-consoles-and-kings/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like