back to article Kiwis dump telco 'regulatory holiday'

New Zealand’s government has decided to abandon the regulatory holiday it had offered to companies building fibre broadband in that country, under its UFB (ultra-fast broadband) programme. The government had proposed freedom from Commerce Commission price regulation to companies building networks as contractors to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Yes Me Silver badge
    Welcome

Good grief

Joyce, it appears, actually listens when people talk, and applies logic to what they say, and draws correct conclusions. How unusual for a politician.

Admittedly, the only people he actually hears are businessmen (gender bias intentional).

1. ijustwantaneasylife
      Thumb Up

You're not a Kiwi are you?

This sort of straight talking and a willingness to listen to reasoned argument is pretty common over in NZ. Public opinion, even on a local level, quite often causes changes in political decisions. Try doing that in the UK!

1. Yes Me Silver badge
        IT Angle

Re: You're not a Kiwi are you?

I'm a whinging Pom who lives in Auckland. You're correct, but Joyce does better than most of his colleagues. Actually today's paper says that he did it to get the Maori Party votes - contrary to the absurd bleatings of the UK media, a coalition government works wonders for moderation in all things and prevents brash mistakes (for non-Kiwis, there's a pun there).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like